Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, choffer said:

Euphoria is some foreboding, dark stuff. If this is what life is like for kids these days, I’m glad to be older than that. 

Started this over the weekend, seriously dark isn't it.

Looking forward to finishing it off this week.

On 06/08/2019 at 16:08, Rodders said:

Definitely listen to the HBO podcast too, they do an episode by episode discussion of the fact v fiction components and provide loads of fascinating extra info. 

RE: Chernobyl

I finished the series over the weekend then watched a few documentaries about it.

Found a good one by Sky News,  seems new.

Anyway,  what a brilliant series.  10/10,  cant see how they could have improved it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, choffer said:

Euphoria is some foreboding, dark stuff. If this is what life is like for kids these days, I’m glad to be older than that. 

It's extremely depressing. I can't say I thought it was good, really, but I appreciate the effort to make something looking at some of the shitter parts of growing up. 

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Does anyone know when the new series of Bake-Off drops? 

Does the 5 second rule apply to Bake Off itself, if dropped ? 

If it's just the tent affected then they are finished,  there is no way they can contain all the Aids.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, sne said:

So far S4 of Preacher is a massive step up from S2 & 3 that I found pretty boring

The fight in the De Sade house in ep3 was a thing of violently balletic beauty 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't mind Paul Hollywood, but yeah Noel Fielding is very annoying. 

To be fair Bake Off is probably the first thing I’ve ever seen where I’ve been able to tolerate Fielding. 

• Like 3

watching black spot on Netflix, French police mystery thriller drama thing set in a miserable village surrounded by a huge dark forest that has a sky high murder rate

it has its moments, its trying to be a lot of different things and not really pulling it off but its still interesting enough to keep me going

Edited by villa4europe

Started to watch The truth about the Harry Qquebert-affair the other day. Got hooked. Finished it in two days. It's a criminal drama with a good story. It was intruiging. The little twist was not hard to foretell, though. But all in all 8/10.

I've got mixed feelings about Mindhunter S2. I will watch it as I thought the first season was very good, but my OH's best friend's son has been living in LA for about 8 years now, went to some actor academy that cost a lot of money and he's working hard to even get a part. He's done a few minor things, but nothing big. He was casted as one of the villains in S2, a serial rapist I think, and was of course overly happy. Later on he was told that his scenes, that were already shot, were edited out. I had my suspicions and as I thought it later showed up that they had replaced him right off. Obviously his confidence is a bit low after that. Lower than it already was. It would've been great to see him in it.

I find most documentaries on Serial Killers a little questionable at times and drama's based on actual serial killers sounds like an absolute car-crash idea to me. I didn't watch Mindhunter for ages as a result as I thought 'it's just not my bag'. I didn't know who directed it either and I ended up sticking it on a few months back. It was utterly brilliant. I hope S2 stands up.

• Like 1

Â