Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Gave the first episode of ‘Manifest’ a go. 

A* for premise 

Ungraded for acting and script writing. 

There’s no CGI/Special effects, so they must have blown the production budget on hookers and blow - ‘cos they definitely didn't spend it on actors who can act. 

Wow, you weren't lying.

Utterly dreadful acting. It's like a bad, cheesy, B Movie.

Like you, I think it's a cool concept, but I can't get past that standard of acting and poor writing.

Favourite bits of appalling writing and acting from episode 1:

Spoiler

The hysterically crying woman when they're interviewing the passengers

When they were told they'd been missing for 5 years they all just kind of shrugged and looked at each other. Then everyone else in the show just seemed to accept this utterly unbelievable scenario with a smile and a "that's a bit weird, anyway on with our lives"

When the main girl tells her brother she heard a voice in her head and his reply was a firm "YOU ARE LOSING YOUR MIND DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS EVER". Bit harsh.

Why would that guy call the police to come and investigate a broken gate to his yard when he had two girls from an incredibly high profile abduction case locked in the exact same yard?

Reminds me very much of why I couldn't get into the Walking Dead. Cool concept, but utterly shite acting and script. Even if the general story is good enough to keep my attention, I just can't enjoy it.

And there was some CGI, and it was **** shit :D 

I won't be going back to watch the rest.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

peaky blinders is back sunday 25th august 9pm on BBC 1

still not seen anything saying when bake off is on

Bake off was advertised this week saying coming soon. 

• Like 1

Another vote for Manifest being the most gloriously awful bit of telly ever made. And I say that as someone who has just watched the whole of You, Me and the Apocalypse. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The missus is watching 'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee', and I'm astonished to realise that Matthew Broderick kind of looks like Ronnie Corbett these days. 

One of my favourite shows right now. You wouldn’t have guessed it, but I’m really into the «science» of comedy. 

(I just choose not to practice it.)

First episode of season 2 of The Terror is out.

Totally missed there was even going to be a season 2.

Apparently not connected to S1, takes place under WW2 around Japanese immigrants in the US.

Edit: Hard to say where it will go, first ep was OK, but not spectacular.

Got a very strong Snow Falling on Cedars vibe to it. Even had some similar events happening in the first ep.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

First episode of season 2 of The Terror is out.

Totally missed there was even going to be a season 2.

Apparently not connected to S1, takes place under WW2 around Japanese immigrants in the US.

Edit: Hard to say where it will go, first ep was OK, but not spectacular.

Got a very strong Snow Falling on Cedars vibe to it. Even had some similar events happening in the first ep.

I’ve been wanting to watch S1 for a while, but it’s only been (legally) available over here on AMC via BT.

It’s supposed to be coming to Prime soon, but at the moment you have to pay for it. 

It does wind me up that I’m paying for Sky, Netflix and AP - yet still can’t watch some stuff (Doom Patrol is another example) 

It’s like the footy, you need 3 subscriptions now if you want to watch all the live games, it’s a joke. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Started watching Barry this weekend, have blasted through it quite quickly and just finished the Ronny/Lily episode.  It's just completely floored me.  Amazing stuff.

Sleeper hit of the year for me. Brilliant series.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Michelsen said:

One of my favourite shows right now. You wouldn’t have guessed it, but I’m really into the «science» of comedy. 

(I just choose not to practice it.)

Do you listen to the Rule of Three podcast? Really good look at the craft of comedy. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Wu Assassins is as bad as it sounds but I have to keep watching it.

terrible waste of iko uwais. 

Oh that popped up on my not so legal streaming device the other day, even the description of the show put me off

• Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 10:06, villa4europe said:

still not seen anything saying when bake off is on

It starts on ‘coming soon’; now commonly used as meaning ‘probably within a month, but don’t expect it next week.’🙄

P.S. so glad you resisted asking when Bake Off ‘drops’ - an even bigger bugbear of mine.

watches all 5 episodes of Chernobyl at the weekend, incredible. Really enjoyed it.

Torn between how reckless they were to create the problem, then playing the issue down to the rest of the world, and the incredible efforts they went to to avoid killing half of Europe.

Official figures have the death toll at 31, some other estimates have it up to around 94,000.

• Like 2

Â