Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I quite enjoyed the first season of the Good Place.

Season 2 is alright, but not as good. Season 3 is a bit shit, I didn't make it past half way, and I realised even season one fell in to that common category of American sitcoms - it was easy, pleasant watching, but at no point did it actually make me laugh.

It's a cool idea, and it's fairly charming, but it just isn't funny.

Edited by Davkaus

I think The Good Place is funny. It’s not frequently LOL funny, but it has a charming, quirky humour to it. 

I thought S2 was funnier and the best so far. 

S3 had a few gags that missed the mark and a few more that won’t age particularly well. 

I think it's a great show though and the whole cast are fantastic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I think The Good Place is funny. It’s not frequently LOL funny, but it has a charming, quirky humour to it. 

I thought S2 was funnier and the best so far. 

S3 had a few gags that missed the mark and a few more that won’t age particularly well. 

I think it's a great show though and the whole cast are fantastic. 

The Trolley Problem episode was excellent.

Series 4 starts at the end of September, I think.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Every Brilliant Thing on sky. 

An adaptation of the off-Broadway show about a young boy who attempts to cure his mother’s depression by creating a list of brilliant things.

I’m not ashamed to say I cried at several points during this one man show. Funny, extremely thought provoking and beautiful in equal measure. Best thing I’ve seen on the telly box in a long, long time. 

On 30/07/2019 at 20:23, villarule123 said:

I'm a bit behind the times with this one but I started Sons of Anarchy a couple of weeks ago, just finished season 3.

Why the **** have I not seen this sooner? Ridiculously good and up there with the best for me. I hope it doesn't drop off towards the end, but I'm loving it!

I thought it was awful and full on cringe. How are this hardcore biker gang who are also involved in criminal activities so poor ALL the time? The constant hugging of each other is so urgh. Though, most people seem to like it, I could never understand why.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Because of the weird rules around US shows does anyone get excited when they hear the word ‘****’ for the first time as that also generally means the show is allowed to have bewbs in too.  Just me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I thought it was awful and full on cringe. How are this hardcore biker gang who are also involved in criminal activities so poor ALL the time? The constant hugging of each other is so urgh. Though, most people seem to like it, I could never understand why.

It starts off pretty cack, my other half wanted to give up after 3 episodes. She ended up being obsessed with it and we smashed through all 7 seasons in no time. Walton Goggins as the tranny having an affair with Tig is **** hilarious

Just finished Good Omens. The fact it took me 2 months to do so for just 6 episodes probably tells it's own story. Great when Crowley and Aziraphale are on screen, pretty rubbish the rest of the time sadly. 

finished season 2 of money heist

there are some really clever bits to it and some seriously daft bits, overall enjoyable but maybe not as good as it could be, not a clue where they take series 3, can see them **** it royally

hopefully they do a spin off showing how the Spanish police marksmen become storm troopers

On 02/08/2019 at 19:29, PieFacE said:

Same. 

I was recommended it by a friend so watched a couple of episodes and dismissed it as shit.

Then a whole load of other people recommended it so I thought I'd better give it a proper go and watched the first season.

I just don't get it. If it wasn't for the amount of people who rave about it I'd say it was downright shite. But there must be something in it. Whatever it is it's not for me.

• Like 1

Finished Stranger Things  on the weekend.

Really enjoyed this season. Sits somewhere between 1 and 2 for me in terms of quality. Not as good as 1 but better than 2.

Final episode 

Spoiler

was heartbreaking, even though I already knew who died

The original series of Twin Peaks is still one of the best ever, and has influenced a lot of the big shows that have come since like Sopranos, Mad Men and many others. Although there is a big drop off in quality in season 2 when David Lynch left the project, he did return to direct the last episode which is rated as one of the best of series. To full appreciate the new season of Twin Peaks, it also helps in a big way if you've watched 'Fire Walk With Me' as that's a vital piece of the story and is a sort of prequal movie to the TV series. The thing with season 3 is that it's quite a bit different from the orignal series, in that it's more like one of David Lynch's movies like Mulholland Drive or Inland Empire, I think you can probably watch it without having seen the original series, but will appreciate much more if you watch the whole thing, even most of the bad episodes of the second season have some worthwhile scenes.

• Like 2

Â