Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Look his no world beater plugs a hole , but he was unfairly critised after that game in Poland when we were all rubbish and it was his first minutes.

Also he was fundamentally playing the wrong position. One of the few things emery has gotten wrong. He's a RCB, he doesn't have the pace to be RB. I imagine if we had swapped him and Konsa for that Warsaw game the result would be very different. 

• Like 1

Yeah he was ok/well today.

Fair play to him, must be a tough mental position to be in.

Hopefully it doesn't come to it, but if it does have to be him for the next game or two, we need to support him, and all of them.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Unai complemented him nicely in the post match interview. Said that he had offered him to leave both in the summer and in Jan but he wanted to fight on. 

He’s been a decent squad player for us, they all play their part.

Cash cost us the second goal, and although Callum didn't track the forward, had Cash been in the right position he wouldn't have had to.  He seemed to be playing the instructions given to him by Emery. 

Good game,  and given our injury situation it bodes well as I'm sure he'll get more minutes in the next two or three games. 

5 hours ago, blunther said:

Did well, especially that bit early on when he drove into their half. For a 6th choice (!) CB he's very good!

That drive was crucial for me as we looked so poor after half time and it took the pressure off 

• Like 2

In his favour is he is very good on the ball and decent in the air - probably better in the air than both Torres and Lenglet.

His main problem is he's just a bit on the slow side.

He did a pretty good job overall. 

I said it before but I don’t think he is one of those players who can come in and hit the ground running. He needs consecutive games to get up to the speed. Like Tielemans in that respect.

We are going to need him in this little period so I hope he can get up to speed very very quickly.  Because right now he doesn’t look just a bit slow he is notably a yard slower over 5/10 yards than everyone else on the pitch. He did OK yesterday on the ball but off it him and Lenglet were all over the place. We conceded about 4 guilt edge chances in the middle of the pitch. On another day we had an absolute disaster yesterday which given how much better than them we are would have been criminal. 

19 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I said it before but I don’t think he is one of those players who can come in and hit the ground running. He needs consecutive games to get up to the speed. Like Tielemans in that respect.

We are going to need him in this little period so I hope he can get up to speed very very quickly.  Because right now he doesn’t look just a bit slow he is notably a yard slower over 5/10 yards than everyone else on the pitch. He did OK yesterday on the ball but off it him and Lenglet were all over the place. We conceded about 4 guilt edge chances in the middle of the pitch. On another day we had an absolute disaster yesterday which given how much better than them we are would have been criminal. 

Personally I think he’s the opposite the type that comes in and does a good job when needed and can’t do it on a regular basis. It’s the same old story he struggles with consistency he did really well yesterday but it’s likely he follows up with an absolute horror game.

• Like 1

Â