Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

That was a poor mistake. Can't be easy to come on against the best team in the world after never playing. That said, by all accounts he had the chance to leave and decide against it. Seems like a bad move for all parties 

29 minutes ago, Callum said:

This makes sense… 👀

Well someone has to be this low down the pecking order...and it happens to be him. Often players that are that low down are not very good.

Doesn't make them whatever weirdly aggressive thing you decided to randomly call him.

29 minutes ago, Callum said:

This makes sense… 👀

Well someone has to be this low down the pecking order...and it happens to be him. Often players that are that low down are not very good.

Doesn't make them whatever weirdly aggressive thing you decided to randomly call him.

22 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

He should consider retiring

Why retiring? Why not wait until he gets an offer close to what he earns, or until we buy out his contract and release him. 

Maybe you should blame Emery for giving him minutes

End of the day - good business decision by him. Not his fault we gave him these wages. 

Trains reasonably well, shows up on match days, doesn’t make a fuss and is professional. 

Everyone else is quiet quitting in the corporate world so I can’t really blame Chambers for doing the same. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

End of the day - good business decision by him. Not his fault we gave him these wages. 

Trains reasonably well, shows up on match days, doesn’t make a fuss and is professional. 

Everyone else is quiet quitting in the corporate world so I can’t really blame Chambers for doing the same. 

Shows up as in literally shows up? Cos he certainly doesn't show up when he's on the pitch.

Not a great performance and mistake led to a goal but to be fair playing on average once every three months isn’t going to get the best out of anyone, need to part ways for both parties sake in the summer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Shows up as in literally shows up? Cos he certainly doesn't show up when he's on the pitch.

Oh he’s terrible and is just a warm body out there. 

But not his fault we gave him the contract and wages. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Not a great performance and mistake led to a goal but to be fair playing on average once every three months isn’t going to get the best out of anyone, need to part ways for both parties sake in the summer

When he plays regularly, he still makes mistakes. Passing is supposed to be his best attribute, yet he misplaces so many and always has. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but he is rubbish at this level.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

When he plays regularly, he still makes mistakes. Passing is supposed to be his best attribute, yet he misplaces so many and always has. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, but he is rubbish at this level.

When he was playing regularly for Gerrard he looked OK, overall he is an OK player for a low end Prem team but we’ve moved on from that level since we signed him

• Like 4

He's little more than someone to bring in to save legs at this point in a game we're not arsed about. It's a terrible place to be as a professional but it's his right to sit on his money.

He'll be paid up in the summer or loaned out at great expense. It's not even worth getting angry at him. He's just miles off it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom13 said:

The half he had v Forest as a CB was alright, that's far more of a game to judge him on than last night when he was on at 3-1 down and game over.

I say this in the nicest sense but hopefully he doesn't play a single more minute this season as that would mean all our defenders stay fit for the run in.

Does he still have another year left after this season? I'm not really sure why we gave a guy in his late 20s who was completely out of favour at Arsenal a three and a half year deal. A year less and we could just release him on a free in the summer.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, david-avfc said:

When he was playing regularly for Gerrard he looked OK, overall he is an OK player for a low end Prem team but we’ve moved on from that level since we signed him

I was always surprised we didn't offer Luton him when they came in for Nakamba, season loan with them paying a third of his wages or something.

With their countless injuries now Luton could do with a utility player like Chambers at this point in the season.

Them, Burnley, Sheffield United, pretty obvious he'll end up at one of those clubs or go abroad.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The half he had v Forest as a CB was alright, that's far more of a game to judge him on than last night when he was on at 3-1 down and game over.

I say this in the nicest sense but hopefully he doesn't play a single more minute this season as that would mean all our defenders stay fit for the run in.

Does he still have another year left after this season? I'm not really sure why we gave a guy in his late 20s who was completely out of favour at Arsenal a three and a half year deal. A year less and we could just release him on a free in the summer.

I'm judging him on his time at Arsenal and all his time at us, not last night! He's not good enough, nowhere near.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I'm judging him on his time at Arsenal and all his time at us, not last night! He's not good enough, nowhere near.

He was o.k when he first came in and Konsa had that very dodgy period of form. Southampton 4-0, Leeds 3-0 when he curled it in top corner from outside the box.

Ultimately he's 5th choice CB and 3rd choice RB so players in that position in a pecking order are either kids or just not very good anymore but can't get them out due to their wages.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's little more than someone to bring in to save legs at this point in a game we're not arsed about. It's a terrible place to be as a professional but it's his right to sit on his money.

He'll be paid up in the summer or loaned out at great expense. It's not even worth getting angry at him. He's just miles off it.

I have to question the guys ambition.

He had plenty of suitors from championship clubs in the summer to go and play regular first team football at his skill level but he'd rather hang around here like a bad smell.

I agree he will be another piece of deadwood were going to have to pay off.

Edited by AshVilla

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I have to question the guys ambition.

He had plenty of suitors from championship clubs in the summer to go and play regular first team football at his skill level but he'd rather hang around here like a bad smell.

I agree he will be another piece of deadwood were going to have to pay off.

He's 29 years old, earning very good PL wages, and his next contract is probably going to be 10% of that. He's making a sensible decision in seeing out his contract here and staying professional whilst doing that. It's not his fault the team around him has massively improved whilst he has stayed at the level he was always at.

Â