Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

9 hours ago, Rich192 said:

We've only submitted a 22 man squad, so for him to be left out is quite the snub. Maybe he is off to Turkey after all, otherwise why not just leave him in there?

We can only register 25 players on list A. 4 of whom are club trained (aged 22+) and 4 who are association trained. 

We have only 1 club trained for list A - Ramsey

Thus we can only submit a squad of 22. Tim comes in for Chambers. Rogers in for Traore

These are the pitfalls of selling your youth players. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We can only register 25 players on list A. 4 of whom are club trained (aged 22+) and 4 who are association trained. 

We have only 1 club trained for list A - Ramsey

Thus we can only submit a squad of 22. Tim comes in for Chambers. Rogers in for Traore

These are the pitfalls of selling your youth players. 

not if the club think, they are not good enough, for where we plan to go.....opportunities to sell, are not always there, I guess they take the opportunities, when they feel they can.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

not if the club think, they are not good enough, for where we plan to go.....opportunities to sell, are not always there, I guess they take the opportunities, when they feel they can.

We brought KKH back to cover Chambers spot, Rogers covers Traore and Tim covers Dendonker spot. 

I do agree we could have a 21 man squad for Europe if we wanted to, plus the U21 players still at the club not on loan

20 hours ago, STO said:

Unless he's going to Turkey, the rest of the transfer window is closed, unless Villa are paying up his contract.

US might be an option too

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

On the bench tonight, let’s hope that if we end up needing him he can do a job. He’s not the type of player that will makes us better but can be useful sometimes. 

Garnacho and Rashford running at him at full pelt dosen't fill me with a huge amount of confidence!

He'll get a token minute or two before end of the season in a game after playing europa league. Then he'll leave.

• Like 1

Tbf to him… he wasn’t too bad under the Scouse Spoofer… got a great goal and played a great ball to Phil that season… stupidly preferred to Ezri but worked ok with Ty… didn’t look like a terrible CB back then…

He has his limitations but maybe his poor performance against Legia is being a bit overblown and being used to damn him… he could still do a job and put himself in the shop window (better suitors) for the summer… he’s not completely useless 😆

Not the worst backup CB… will need to work some rust off however…

On 07/02/2024 at 03:23, Powehi said:

I think it is a little odd considering we have a small squad and he can cover three positions.

He's terrible in any position he plays.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Tbf to him… he wasn’t too bad under the Scouse Spoofer… got a great goal and played a great ball to Phil that season… stupidly preferred to Ezri but worked ok with Ty… didn’t look like a terrible CB back then…

He has his limitations but maybe his poor performance against Legia is being a bit overblown and being used to damn him… he could still do a job and put himself in the shop window (better suitors) for the summer… he’s not completely useless 😆

Not the worst backup CB… will need to work some rust off however…

I've seen plenty more than one performance against Legia to know he's not good enough.

Just now, KAZZAM said:

Man if Chambers starts we are doomed. 

Must be slowest player in the prem. 

I would play Pau and Lenglet, 2 left footed CBs, before i went anywhere near chambers tbh.

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've seen plenty more than one performance against Legia to know he's not good enough.

He’s not great but he’s not abysmal… I know, he was crap against Manure too… mainly too slow and cumbersome.. but he hasn’t been a constant liability… if we can give him some minutes in less difficult games it might raise his value and some better interest in him so we can part ways in the summer… we have to make do with what we have…

Anyway, we should hopefully be able to select from Pau, Ezri, Diego and Clement after the next month or so… so he’d hardly get a look in then…

But we are down to the barebones rn…

For all the stick Cash is currently getting Chambers at RB v Warsaw is about as bad as it gets for a full back performance. I still remember for their second him losing the ball and then jogging back at half pace and then they cross it in and the guy is completely unmarked at the back post...

His only good game really in last 18 months was coming on at half time v Chelsea when we were protecting the lead.

Only way it would work if we went 3-5-2 and he and Lenglet were either side of Pau who could step up into midfield with the ball but I don't see a formation change this late into the season.

• Like 1

Â