Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

23 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If I were him I'd not go to the championship. He's better than that

He really isn't - can't pass, can't move. Id have thought Luton might be the only PL side who may have gone for him, but there's no chance they'd pay his wages - and therein lies our problem, and why I wouldn't blame him for staying. We gave him that contract, and why should he take a paycut to leave? No-one on here would take a paycut to go do their job elsewhere.

He'll be loaned out next season and then leave on a free

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Damnit Calum. Go and play some football lad! 

He’ll never have another contract that pays him like Villa, in that situation most of us would probably milk it for every last penny, too.

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Could still live in birmingham and sign for west brom surely? 

Yep. But what i mean is he has probably got content with his lot. Its so long since he had a run of games. Just happy to keep fit for 50k a week. 

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Needs a reality check 

The reality is he can stay on his premier league salary with us then move as a free agent when that runs out rather than taking a pay cut to go elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The reality is he can stay on his premier league salary with us then move as a free agent when that runs out rather than taking a pay cut to go elsewhere. 

Very true smart business man

I am a bit surprised that a Luton, Burnley or Sheffield United haven't taken a gamble on Chambers.  He would do a decent job for one of them. 

1 minute ago, STO said:

I am a bit surprised that a Luton, Burnley or Sheffield United haven't taken a gamble on Chambers.  He would do a decent job for one of them. 

Lack of football. 1570 minutes in 2 seasons worth of games. They need game ready players who can make an instant difference with less than 4 months left of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STO said:

whats Chambers on, 50k p/w?

According to the not always trustworthy interwebz:

Luton only have one players on over 35k p/w, the vast majority are on between 10k and 30k p/w.

Burnley, not a single of their players in on 50k p/w, most on between 20k to 40k p/w.

Sheffield United dont have a single player on over 35k p/w, and the vast majority are on between 15k and 30k p/w.

hoesntly, would you really want Chambers for anywhere near his current wages?, i know i wouldnt.

Villa don't need him, but there are clubs that he would do a decent job for.  All immaterial as he looks like he's staying so he can pick up his large and unearned salary. 

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's his wages.

Surely we should be willing to heavily subsidise his wages? He brings literally no value to villa as it stands, so even recovering 20% of his salary is worth while. Especially when you consider it could give him match fitness and put him in the shop window for a summer move. He also doesn’t use the club resources (physio time etc) whilst he is out on loan. Can’t understand why we haven’t got something sorted for him or Hause. Maybe the players prefer to stay and run down their contracts. It’s strange.

• Like 1

Obviously one we would have wanted to shift, but joining on a free and slightly lower wages mean Chambers isn't costing us nearly as much as Traore was per season.

He won't be registered for Europe but will make the bench in the league and cup games when we have a few out (like now). Bombing him out wouldn't do us any good when there aren't many young prospects knocking on the door in his position. Kesler-Hayden will be there but beyond that, Nedeljkovic Feeney and Smith are on loan, Swinkels is injured long term, Bogarde has moved up to midfield.

22 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Surely we should be willing to heavily subsidise his wages? He brings literally no value to villa as it stands, so even recovering 20% of his salary is worth while. Especially when you consider it could give him match fitness and put him in the shop window for a summer move. He also doesn’t use the club resources (physio time etc) whilst he is out on loan. Can’t understand why we haven’t got something sorted for him or Hause. Maybe the players prefer to stay and run down their contracts. It’s strange.

we didnt get anything sorted for Hause or Chambers, because no other club saw any value is subsidising even part of their wages, or value in their wage demands for a permanent transfer.

in a nutshell, they arent mugs i guess.

I agree that Chambers could have done a job for a bottom 3 PL club, or a top/mid table Champ club, but they clearly didnt see the value in it.

1 hour ago, STO said:

Wages.

Sheffield United actually took Holgate on loan from Everton I think.

Â