Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dropped from the Brazil squad

Part of joining us was to get match fit for that so will be interesting to see his motivation now.

I'd actually start him v Southampton as that game last season was his best 90 minutes for us by a mile so if he can't do anything it would suggest he's done as regular starter and he should be more of impact sub.

On 10/09/2022 at 11:59, sne said:

I imagine if we continue on current form there will be a fair few of our players who will be bypassed for the WC. Might not be great for player morale.

Players obviously not blameless in this.

This is a real concern. Coutinho not making the WC would take away any motivation he’s had.

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

This is a real concern. Coutinho not making the WC would take away any motivation he’s had.

Luiz won't be going most likely, neither will Buendia or Konsa. Mings is doubtful, and Watkins and Ings will miss out. Not even sure Digne will be picked on current form, they have options. Kamara might be picked but the competition is ridiculous for him.

Cash, Martinez and maybe Dendoncker and Bednarek will go but there is a fair few players who would have been hopeful at the start the season that won't be going.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Luiz won't be going most likely, neither will Buendia or Konsa. Mings is doubtful, and Watkins and Ings will miss out. Not even sure Digne will be picked on current form, they have options. Kamara might be picked but the competition is ridiculous for him.

Cash, Martinez and maybe Dendoncker and Bednarek will go but there is a fair few players who would have been hopeful at the start the season that won't be going.

It is a blessing in disguise, in some ways.

They have fantastic performances in the World Cup and the big boys get interested. 

32 minutes ago, WHY said:

Coutinho hasn’t been great but neither has Buendia when he has started. I don’t think the formation helps either of them, they get starved of the ball in areas they should be operating in. 

I am a big fan of Buendia, but I would have to agree.

However, when he is not really at it he still puts himself about a bit - Coutinho, not so much.

54 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is a blessing in disguise, in some ways.

They have fantastic performances in the World Cup and the big boys get interested. 

They don't get picked for the World Cup, get pissed off because we're so shit and choose to leave for better options. 

Goes both ways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WHY said:

Coutinho hasn’t been great but neither has Buendia when he has started. I don’t think the formation helps either of them, they get starved of the ball in areas they should be operating in. 

That might have something to do with the number of games Coutinho and Buendia have played.Quite often I have noticed that Buendia comes on with 30minutes to go and puts in a better performance than Coutinho.

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

They don't get picked for the World Cup, get pissed off because we're so shit and choose to leave for better options. 

Goes both ways.

Indeed it does. And there is definitely a danger of that particular scenario happening with us at the moment if performances don't pick up.

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

But Luiz has never been a regular has he?

Depends on who you ask and what angle we are trying to play at any given time.

If it's to slate the club or Management then he's technically an " Olympic winning Brazilian International " to go along with our " Scottish Captain International " , " Polish International " , " French Internationals " , our " Copa America winning Argentinean Internationals" and " England Internationals " etc.

By right we should be winning the World Cup.

Without angle you are correct though. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

Â