Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Coutinho is an icing on the cake player. He would probably thrive in a structured system but as we are a mess he is not what we need

I'm not quite sure how you to come to this conclusion.
He's our most in form attacking player. Nearly every piece of good, intricate attacking play comes through him. He simply has to play otherwise I'm not sure we'd score again this season. Have you seen Watkins and Bailey play recently? 

How can he be not what we need

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Thought he was our best player at the weekend. 

I agree, his skill, vision etc was very noticeable and rather unlucky not to score.

There was one turn and run in the first-half when he burst through a couple of players and had a shot which was very good and highlighted that he does still has pace.

Would love to see Coutinho and Buendia start again, I think it needs to happen.

• Like 1

i thought he played well but looked visibly frustrated when things didn't come off for him, there was a couple of times when he had a blocked shot and he reacted to it, the gun run which ended in a daisy cutter he went mad at the ref afterwards but i didnt see a replay of it, looked a lot of contact and with the way the game was being played its hard to be surprised if he was being fouled there 

20 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Put Buendia on the right where he thrived for Norwich, put Bailey on the left and let Coutinho play behind a striker.

Simple. 

Thats not going to happen.Buendia is programmed to come on with 30 minutes to play ( even the opposition managers know that ) 

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Put Buendia on the right where he thrived for Norwich, put Bailey on the left and let Coutinho play behind a striker.

Simple. 

But he’s not rolling up his sleeves enough. It boggles my mind how we can all come up with really better alternatives but Gerrard doesn’t implement the obvious. We can get them to fit in the same XI. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

I don’t really remember him at all in the second half. Not a good sign.

Buendia didn’t have a great game either, but I noticed his endeavour, even if things weren’t working out.

Genuinely trying to recall something from Coutinho in the second 45 minutes (there wasn’t much in the first, really).

Â