Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

12 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Steve Gérrard Gérrard 

He drives a hyundai car 

He made watching villa hard 

Steve Gérrard Gérrard 

Does anybody actually get this advert? Like, I know it's an ad for Hyundai, but it seems to be just a disconnected stream of words and images with no relation?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Does anybody actually get this advert? Like, I know it's an ad for Hyundai, but it seems to be just a disconnected stream of words and images with no relation?

I imagine Hyundai were absolutely **** fuming when Gerrard got sacked being as that advert seems to be portraying him as some sort of football genius

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What an absolute word removed.

So glad the Christmas/New Yeperiod isn't ruined by having him as manager and expecting Villa to get thrashed in both fixtures. With Emery in charge you feel hope that we'll actually do well in the games and not be an embarrassment. 

On 14/12/2022 at 19:56, HanoiVillan said:

probably just trying to replicate his tactics team talks 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

What an absolute word removed.

dont see the problem personally. we don't like him, and he doesn't like us.

it's like dumping a horrible girlfriend then complaining when she calls you a dick

55 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it's like dumping a horrible girlfriend then complaining when she calls you a dick

Can see this argument, but on the other hand it's also a bit like if a kid in my neighbourhood called me names it would be annoying, but if I retaliated it wouldn't be okay. Part of being paid the big money is to act like a professional and rise above the shouts from the peanut gallery. I'm not saying this would or should be disqualifying in itself, but if I was someone responsible for managerial hiring decisions and I had some questions about Gerrard's temperament, this sort of thing wouldn't do anything to help ease those fears. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Because it's extremely unprofessional and childish? Can you imagine Vieira getting sacked by Palace and posting something similar? Arteta and Arsenal?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Can see this argument, but on the other hand it's also a bit like if a kid in my neighbourhood called me names it would be annoying, but if I retaliated it wouldn't be okay. Part of being paid the big money is to act like a professional and rise above the shouts from the peanut gallery. I'm not saying this would or should be disqualifying in itself, but if I was someone responsible for managerial hiring decisions and I had some questions about Gerrard's temperament, this sort of thing wouldn't do anything to help ease those fears. 

He didn't really ever get any kind of abuse in the stands from Villa fans until the Fulham game (maybe one game before.) Compared to Eck & Lambert I think people were very lenient on him. I wanted him gone at the start of the summer but the fans that go every week stuck with him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blandy said:

Exactly. As a kind of aside, some people seem to think there’s a notion around some players of “he’s a born winner” that somehow makes them extra suitable to be managers. It’s utter rot, in multiple ways. Firstly because there’s no such thing. Yes, excellent players tend to win stuff, but that’s because the best clubs tend to sign them to play with other excellent players, so they have careers that win stuff. The next reason is that strongly driven players with ability are pretty universally self centred, which more often than not renders them unsuited to managing people who might not be as good as them.

I guess in reflecting on his year after a few Christmas drinks poor Stevie was all maudlin like. “They were supposed to love me and venerate me, but they shouted “you scouse bastard, get out of our club” very loudly and angrily indeed. It’s not fair” and little salty tears trickled down his cheeks as he sought out videos of him doing a goal against the ungrateful hordes.

I can’t think of a manager who made less effort to have any kind of relationship with the club and supporters. “Here I am. I’m Stevie G. Follow me, do what I say”.

Er, no mate. Go away and learn how to be a manager deserving of the job you had no right to be given, or frankly any manager’s job.

Don't want @TRO to miss this post.

• Like 1

Â