Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He will be favourite for it. The English media will champion it too over more qualified managers

His ego wont let him near the under 21s

The only good thing about it will that he wont be able to hide his level of shitness anymore on this kind of role.

If he was smart he would go for u21s less pressure and usually leads to good career opportunities 

21 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I would be absolutely amazed if the FA were to actually consider him as a candidate tbh. Its not like he even has the temperament for the job like Southgate

FA needs a high profile coach and the media will demand an Englishman which they are doing. Gerrard would be preferred before somebody like Smith or Dyche for example

He probably would be considered ahead of Smith or Dyche, but that's more to do with how unsuitable they are and I don't think he'll be considered. It should be abundantly obvious to even people who take minimal notice of actual football matters that a] he hasn't succeeded at a job in England, b] he doesn't coach players or take training sessions regularly, and c] he prefers a formation which would remove England's strengths and accentuate our weaknesses. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

FA needs a high profile coach and the media will demand an Englishman which they are doing. Gerrard would be preferred before somebody like Smith or Dyche for example

The key word there is "Coach"

Tough to gauge who is actually a better manager out of Gerrard and Southgate.

Neither can coach at all, so it's all on man management and motivation.

Gerrard seems a total bellend who turns players against himself and each other.

Southgate it is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Southgate it is.

I think Bruce is actually better than both 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Bruce is actually better than both 

He was second favourite when Southgate got the job.

With England you don't need to do much technical coaching - the players are all brilliant. Just have a game plan. Bruce falls short here.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Southgate it is.

As much as I can’t stand Southgate, he didn’t take us backwards 2 years in 1 year, and he doesn’t act like he’s some Demi-god because of his playing ability.  

He’s a clearing in the woods, but he’s a humble clearing in the woods.

Southgate wins, no contest.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I reckon his legacy as one of the 'golden generation' probably taints his chances tbh. Fat Frank probably has a better chance, seen as he at least brought youngsters through at Chelski

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He was second favourite when Southgate got the job.

With England you don't need to do much technical coaching - the players are all brilliant. Just have a game plan. Bruce falls short here.

No more than southgate or Gerrard 

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

The only good thing about it will that he wont be able to hide his level of shitness anymore on this kind of role.

If he was smart he would go for u21s less pressure and usually leads to good career opportunities 

There isn't vacancy at under 21 level, Lee Carsley is doing fine.

Gerrard needs to go to a Wigan or Reading and try to overachieve to get clubs higher up interested but given how painful most of his reign was to watch I really couldn't care less and wouldn't shock me if he quietly retires into punditry now.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Brendan Rodgers is very gettable tbh if Southgate goes and they wait until May and just put a caretaker in for the March qualifiers.

O'Neill was interviewed for the job in 2006 so being Northern Irish hasn't been a problem in the past for them.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

There isn't vacancy at under 21 level, Lee Carsley is doing fine.

Gerrard needs to go to a Wigan or Reading and try to overachieve to get clubs higher up interested but given how painful most of his reign was to watch I really couldn't care less and wouldn't shock me if he quietly retires into punditry now.

Oh god carsley is going to be next england manager isnt he?

• Haha 1

Can he run training sessions of a suitably high intensity? 

If it's standard Premier League intensity it won't work. You'll have players like Grealish turn up and have no trouble making the grade. 

Edited by sidcow

Â