Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Most of the anger is gone, but I just can't get over how much of a word removed he is.

Mine hasn’t decreased at all. Can’t stand the man. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

where will he end up next, reckon he could take the norwich gig? he would be the big fish in the smaller pond

LA Galaxy, if he's lucky.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Lets hope our owners don't offer him the Las Vegas Villans or San Diego Villans gig out of pity! FWIW, i'm shocked that the media stayed on his side despite the very apparent failings of basic stuff like formation/tactics, anyone who had a modicum of interest in football at that point could spot the glaring errors SG continued to make.....the media insisted it was an anti scouse thing which was never true!!

I got the impression that Gerrard was lucky to get out of Craven Cottage alive after Sawiris was done with him. 

No chance in hell the club has anything to do with Gerrard ever again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

That is a much bigger job than he deserves tbh!

Exactly my point. But he is well liked there and his limited skill won't be a noose on his neck there.

Aren't the press just blaming the players for not playing like this under him. Danny Murphy on TS was certainly sniping at them the day after the Brentford and Man. United games.

Truth is they'll have learnt more at Bodymoor/Dubai in last month under UE than whole 12 months under Gerrard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Aren't the press just blaming the players for not playing like this under him. Danny Murphy on TS was certainly sniping at them the day after the Brentford and Man. United games.

Truth is they'll have learnt more at Bodymoor/Dubai in last month under UE than whole 12 months under Gerrard.

Danny Murphy is an angry little goblin who's never formed a coherent thought in his life. Pay him no attention.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

McDonalds and he might even be underqualified for that

Actually these kind of jobs are about to get automated very soon.

Edited by Pinebro

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

I wonder if Gerrard watched our Spurs game to see what and how Emery did things differently.

I suspect not.

He was probably sat in his Liverpool onesie watching videos of himself and quietly weeping into his horlicks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since we've got rid of Stevie Me we've lost to Newcastle and Liverpool and won all our other league games. We're 6th in the form table over the last 6 league games.

It's not a ringing endorsement of him. Either the players couldn't/wouldn't do what they were being asked or his tactics were poor.

If he's ever going to have another shot at management he needs to take a step back and be a coach or assistant under a few top managers in my opinion. A man has got to know his weaknesses.

The longer Unai is here the more he's making the job Stevie did look worse and worse.

Listening to Totally Football Podcast... It sounds like Gerrard may have turned down an opportunity to manage Brugge - wanted too much money to be considered. Their new manager Scott Parker (who has, in fairness proven himself adept in the Championship). That'll probably be the best offer he'll ever get (Champions League team) - so doubt he's making a comeback any time soon. And Brugge have dodged a bullet. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 07:19, fruitvilla said:

I wonder if Gerrard watched our Spurs game to see what and how Emery did things differently.

I suspect not.

A manager who wanted to better him self should. But he already thinks he’s the dogs bollo**s . 

• Like 1

I need to apologise to a few VT members, @Zatmanbeing one of them who I blocked on here because I didn’t like the constant negativity around Gerrard. 

In hindsight they were right and I was wrong. The gulf between Gerrard and Emery is immeasurable. 

There's really no comparison between Emery and this absolute chancer. I get people wanted to be positive about him but it was so, so clear early on that he had no idea what he was doing. If it walks like a shit manager,  and quacks like a shit manager - it's probably a shit manager. Hope the next job he gets is at Blues. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wict01 said:

There's really no comparison between Emery and this absolute chancer. I get people wanted to be positive about him but it was so, so clear early on that he had no idea what he was doing. If it walks like a shit manager,  and quacks like a shit manager - it's probably a shit manager. Hope the next job he gets is at Blues. 

I understand the blind positivity I supported Lambert longer than I should have and in hindsight it was stupid. Its probably as close as you will get to nepotism over how an unqualified charlatan got the job and was going to end in failure. It was worse than what McLeish and Bruce served.

I would have loved if the scouse Neil Lennon had proven me wrong and was happy to praise the rare decent performances during his reign of terror.

Only issue I really have was the salivating from some that we hired a born winner because they hate that Smith proved them wrong. Funnily enough one or two were sniping at Unai last week 😂

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am shocked and offended but I am a forgiving person😛

Mate I hope you don’t take it personal.I wasn’t a fan of Gerrard late on but I felt you out your stall out early and it felt like every thread was a pop at him. 

like I said though mate, you were proven right in the end, gut was a joke. 

Â