Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

12 points in 6 games since sacking him. Absolute disgusting we wasted a year hiring this clearing in the woods

give it a few more weeks and I'm sure your pulse will be back to normal :)

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

where will he end up next, reckon he could take the norwich gig? he would be the big fish in the smaller pond

He's done as a manager. He's lost both his go to coaching brains in Beale then Critchley. With the Scouse love-in maybe he could persuade Sammy Lee to come out of semi retirement.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

He's done as a manager. He's lost both his go to coaching brains in Beale then Critchley. With the Scouse love-in maybe he could persuade Sammy Lee to come out of semi retirement.

I get that feeling too, i think like Sherwood he won't get a big job he would like, sherwood managed spurs and villa, 2 big clubs, there was no other club of similar stature to take him on so punditry was a better gig for him than taking a job in league 1 or at a push the chamionship.....it will be tough for him to continue in management unless he can lower his expectations

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

where will he end up next, reckon he could take the norwich gig? he would be the big fish in the smaller pond

McDonalds and he might even be underqualified for that

• Haha 1

On 28/12/2022 at 00:55, KentVillan said:

I've seen this from a few people. Was Gerrard really instrumental in signing Kamara? Surely he's exactly the kind of player we'd have been chasing anyway?

IMO Gerrard has been really really bad for Villa and there aren't really any silver linings, because we probably could have replaced Smith with a manager of Emery's stature about a year before he arrived. And avoided throwing silly money at Digne, Coutinho, etc., instead focusing on younger prospects.

Gerrard has set us back 1 or 2 years, and the only reason we see any positives is we've always had a fair bit of money to spend on transfers, so of course we've brought in some decent players. But **** the word removed.

It’s a lot easier to say as a player the manager convinced me and I want ti play for him rather than £150k a week was way more than anyone else offered me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Philosophy, coaching, teaching, training, sports science, culture, nutrition, motivation, tactics, inspiration.

The word removed couldn't even pick the right 11 players. 8 or 9 would have been nice.

He won't manage again.

Someone will stupidly take a punt on him.

I have no idea why though

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Someone will stupidly take a punt on him.

I have no idea why though

he'll get another chance. the media didn't and still haven't called his tenure with us a failure despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

I dunno, I think they'd love him.

The photo looks nice on paper before you begin, but then you find there's absolutely nothing of substance in the middle

to be fair, he might use his name to recruit the BK bacon double cheeseburger and the KFC zinger tower burger to the menu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I don't think he'll work again unless an MLS team comes calling and pays him a bomb. 

I don't see a European top league team employing him and his pride won't see him drop down. 

His stint here followed by what Emery has immediately been able to achieve shows him for what he is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

he'll get another chance. the media didn't and still haven't called his tenure with us a failure despite the mountain of evidence to the contrary

The media might not but those in the know at other clubs will see the truth of it. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I don't think he'll work again unless an MLS team comes calling and pays him a bomb. 

I don't see a European top league team employing him and his pride won't see him drop down. 

His stint here followed by what Emery has immediately been able to achieve shows him for what he is. 

Lets hope our owners don't offer him the Las Vegas Villans or San Diego Villans gig out of pity! FWIW, i'm shocked that the media stayed on his side despite the very apparent failings of basic stuff like formation/tactics, anyone who had a modicum of interest in football at that point could spot the glaring errors SG continued to make.....the media insisted it was an anti scouse thing which was never true!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The media might not but those in the know at other clubs will see the truth of it. 

joking aside, his name does still hold weight. the fact remains he brought in coutinho and kamara to the club, the latter apparently signed following a personal house call from gerrard. would those have joined if he hadn't been here? arguably not.

a lesser club looking to bring in transfer targets whom are normally out of their reach might take a punt on him. someone like bournemouth would've been ideal as they're going down anyway but with their new money might've been able to get some decent players in for next season

11 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Lets hope our owners don't offer him the Las Vegas Villans or San Diego Villans gig out of pity! FWIW, i'm shocked that the media stayed on his side despite the very apparent failings of basic stuff like formation/tactics, anyone who had a modicum of interest in football at that point could spot the glaring errors SG continued to make.....the media insisted it was an anti scouse thing which was never true!!

The media would never criticise him, they are nearly all his mates so wont have a bad word to say about him and will still build him up to naturally replace Klopp

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

The media would never criticise him, they are nearly all his mates so wont have a bad word to say about him and will still build him up to naturally replace Klopp

yes i thought they were getting well ahead of themselves, when he first signed for us the narrative was he would do 2-3 seaosns here and then waltz into the liverpool job, i remember saying to one of my liverpool supporting friends that he would only get the scouse gig if he did very well here, and at that point he would go with our blessing as we would be in a much better position and able to attract decent managers ourselves.....there was no reasoning with these people back then, the narrative was set!!

Â