January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

As a quick fix then perhaps Kamara but we are heavy on the midfield.

I still keep hearing conflicting theories on FFP, some stories suggest we have money, others we cant because of FFP.

Then I also hear FFP has been relaxed so the legalities aren't so binding...

Which is it?

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I still keep hearing conflicting theories on FFP, some stories suggest we have money, others we cant because of FFP.

Then I also hear FFP has been relaxed so the legalities aren't so binding...

Which is it?

No conflicting theories…

FFP is still the same as before, but the PL combined last year and this year into 1 qualifying period to even out the Covid losses.

They are talking about changing FFP (to a worse way that benefits top teams even more) but that’s will take a couple of years to agree and implement.

We definitely have money to spend and are nowhere near FFP limits. The £100m from Grealish was all pure profit in terms of FFP and we only spend around £30m of it.

Edited by ender4

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The Kamara reels I've watched make him look better than anything we have for that position. 

Is he good or just SPL good?

After watching Ryan Kent basically channeling all of the greatest wingers of memory and performing as well as them i would say its maybe the league quality . 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The Kamara reels I've watched make him look better than anything we have for that position. 

Is he good or just SPL good?

Well if Finland match Ukraine’s result tomorrow they make the playoffs. Might be a game worth watching to see how he does against the world champions.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Granted I may be on a high just getting back in from Windsor park but I'm pretty sure the only rangers player we should be looking to sign is Steven Davis. 

Fun story. His Northern Ireland song references Steven Gerrard so I had to sing "f*** your lampard, and Stevie Gerrard, but please don't take my Davis away" tonight at full voice. Felt weird.

11 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Granted I may be on a high just getting back in from Windsor park but I'm pretty sure the only rangers player we should be looking to sign is Steven Davis. 

Fun story. His Northern Ireland song references Steven Gerrard so I had to sing "f*** your lampard, and Stevie Gerrard, but please don't take my Davis away" tonight at full voice. Felt weird.

I feel Davis needs more international experience before he be considered for a Villa Park transfer…..lol. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rich192 said:

We have enough players in the squad, what we need to add is genuine, real quality. I’m sure Kamara and Kent are decent players, however I would be very underwhelmed if we signed them. Some great players have come from the SPL in recent years, but we can’t afford to take a punt on one, we need real quality, which means signing players from the top leagues. 

Correct we can do with some stars in the squad, that aside we need 2 full backs for the long term and absolutely need a good premier league quality DCM

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

We definitely have money to spend and are nowhere near FFP limits. The £100m from Grealish was all pure profit in terms of FFP and we only spend around £30m of it.

How did you get to that figure, am I missing something?

8 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I could never understand why we let him go. He is a class player. I met him once in a bar in Sutton Coldfield. He was with Peter Whittingham, God rest his soul. Both really good lads. 

• Like 1

On 14/11/2021 at 08:17, Stoobs said:

I think a lot of English fans said the same about Virgil Van Dijk and Andy Robertson, when they moved from SPL. Because they played in Scotland doesn’t mean they won’t be able to cut it in England. Take Kamara for example. A standout for the Finnish national side, playing against top class international midfielders in the international arena and Europe when playing for Rangers. I think it’s slightly arrogant to think that he just wouldn’t be good enough for Villa. Really looking forward to the next 12 months at Villa Park. Of course, nobody knows how it is going to go but I think a few are going to be surprised. 

As I’ve said my worry isn’t mainly the quality of the SPL players, but it gives an impression that Gerrard is looking at his former players (again it’s not an issue itself, but we’d like to continue finding gems here or there). I’m sure we’ll look at a lot of choices and I’m hoping that Gerrard can be helpful in getting the best available ones. 

13 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

About 40 and hasnt aged a bit since his debut 😂

• Like 1

van Dijk was 24 and a Dutch international when he moved to Southampton, Robertson was 20 and a Scottish international when he moved to Hull.

Kamara is only 26 and from what I've seen from him, mostly with Finland he is a pretty all round midfielder with good engine and good strength. He wont give you any goals or assists but he'll go in and do the job so that hopefully other can. But he's not at the level that he'll be a lift to the club or make a huge difference. He's a squad level player.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Kamara is only 26 and from what I've seen from him, mostly with Finland he is a pretty all round midfielder with good engine and good strength. He wont give you any goals or assists but he'll go in and do the job so that hopefully other can. But he's not at the level that he'll be a lift to the club or make a huge difference. He's a squad level player.

Haven't you just described nakamba?

• Like 1