January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Who’s was our best ever January transfer…?

Probably Darren Bent? Mings (loan)? 

Wayne Routledge, Michael Bradley, Jean II Makoun and Simon Dawkins all sharing joint 1st on the podium for me. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hong0311 said:

Was kinda out of the loop so not sure anyone has mentioned, but do you guys think Donny van de Beek is a viable option for loan in January? And should we?

Not possible as we have Tuanzebe on loan

1 hour ago, beachboys1 said:

30mil for kamara and paterson no thanks

Patterson looks quite a decent prospect in fairness, similar to that link we had with Aaron Hickey a few years ago and he's now doing well in Italy for mid table club.

We do need better backup at RB than just playing a CB there but just depends on whether Gerrard thinks Kesler can properly challenge for first team place next season.

10 hours ago, hong0311 said:

Was kinda out of the loop so not sure anyone has mentioned, but do you guys think Donny van de Beek is a viable option for loan in January? And should we?

Van De Beek being linked with Wolves. 

Would be a phenomenal signing (ironically he's been fantastic in the rare outings he's had this season) but would need an exit as we are stacked in CM right now. 

48 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

On the signing players from Scotland thing, I bet Leeds United fans are still raging over all that money pissed up the wall on Mark Viduka. 

They did nearly go out of business a few years later. 

Not sure what signing a player 22 years ago indicates about the current league. Surely a closer comparison is the money Norwich paid for Gary Hooper

• Like 2

We have enough players in the squad, what we need to add is genuine, real quality. I’m sure Kamara and Kent are decent players, however I would be very underwhelmed if we signed them. Some great players have come from the SPL in recent years, but we can’t afford to take a punt on one, we need real quality, which means signing players from the top leagues. 

Edited by Rich192
  • Like 4

Rangers fan sites have linked us to Tavernier, Goldson, Patterson, Aribo, Kamara and Kent, to my knowledge. Generally, they are worried that we will be able to get whoever we want for them, but they are hoping that we will pay top dollar for anyone that we do sign. I guess that once SG has had a proper look at what he has already got, it may be that he will think that one or two of the above could offer a quick-fix in January. I would back him to know what they would be worth and whether they could fit in.