January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway watching Finland France to see how Kamara does? Oh, it’s just me.

You mean there is football outside of the Premier League?  Blasphemy...  Next, you'll be trying to tell our corporate sponsors that football EXISTED before 1992 as well.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

How did you get to that figure, am I missing something?

Not sure which figure you are referring to.

So Grealish was bought for £0 and sold for £100m, so £100m profit in the year for FFP purposes.

Buendia was bought with general funds that we would have spent. 

We can speculate that Ings and Bailey were bought with Grealish money for roughly £60m total. but if on 4 years contracts, then that counts as £15m during the year. Plus say £15m extra annual wages for the 3 new players. 

So £30m extra FFP spend for the year. 

That left us an extra £70m positive in the year for FFP purposes (excluding the £7.5m annual fee for Buendia that we were going to spend anyway).

I hope that makes sense.  I don’t think I’ve explained it that well though lol

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not sure which figure you are referring to.

So Grealish was bought for £0 and sold for £100m, so £100m profit in the year for FFP purposes.

Buendia was bought with general funds that we would have spent. 

We can speculate that Ings and Bailey were bought with Grealish money for roughly £60m total. but if on 4 years contracts, then that counts as £15m during the year. Plus say £15m extra annual wages for the 3 new players. 

So £30m extra FFP spend for the year. 

That left us an extra £70m positive in the year for FFP purposes (excluding the £7.5m annual fee for Buendia that we were going to spend anyway).

I hope that makes sense.  I don’t think I’ve explained it that well though lol

No that makes perfect sense, amortising over the length of the contracts. Not sure if we know what the general funds actual figure is, but it’s not an unreasonable assumption given the statements from the club were generally that he was bought to strengthen the squad without selling Grealish. 

I’m sure it’s more complicated than that and we don’t have all the information regarding actual fees paid for players, their wages and how they are paid etc. I’m sure there are plenty of fancy accountants with equally fancy accounting methods involved, that are beyond the knowledge and understanding of most of us. Unless of course you’re a fancy accountant ender? 

Did Gerrard play with an out-and-out defensive midfielder at Rangers? I know many of our fans have been hard for a DM for a few windows now, but it may be a moot point if Gerrard just uses box to box CMs etc.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyway watching Finland France to see how Kamara does? Oh, it’s just me.

Nah from me.

Switched over to Wal Bel and watching 32 yr old Alex Witsel look much more solid and better in every way, we need better then both 

• Like 1

If looking for a defensive midfielder from those I've seen during the international break then I wouldn't mind Luxembourg's Christopher Martins. Still only 24, European experience with Young Boys (nothing dodgy), was at Lyon at the same time as Bertrand Traore so could help settle and most importantly is 6 ft 2 in tall. Out of contract in 18 months too so should be cheap enough.

Orel mangala from Stuttgart wound be one of top choices for DM. Could be the next Witsel https://betweenthelines5638.wordpress.com/2021/01/10/orel-mangala-scout-report/

Mangala’s comfort and precision on the ball makes him versatile and its why he has more than capable of fulfilling a number of positions on the pitch. But its at the base of midfield, as an anchor protecting the back-four or as a marauding box-to-box player where he is at his sparkling best. 

While playing in this role, the midfielder is given the responsibility to break up play, halt-counter attacks and also provide the team with strong stability throughout, Mangala performs such to devastating effect. 1.3 tackles, 1.2 interceptions, 1.1 clearances and also adds a knack of pressuring his opponents in order to win the ball, registering 3.31 successful pressures, 5.69 of them within the middle third of the pitch.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hope it's on match choice, will join you pal.

Kamara + Finnish hotties in the crowd:ph34r:

Strolling through the game. So comfortable on ball. It’s only the SPL though. Wait…………it's the World Champions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Kamara reminds me of Eze when on the ball. He doesn’t look a defensive midfielder at all. 

When opposition has ball, he always just positions himself so that they can’t play simple pass through the lines. Very subtle. When he gets ball, even with opponent round him, seems to have all the time in the world. Don’t think he has given it away all night. He is never going to win you a game on his own, not that type of player but every team needs someone of that ilk on the park. Let the match winners get on with it. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Strolling through the game. So comfortable on ball. It’s only the SPL though. Wait…………it's the World Champions. 

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s look good second half. Very tidy on the ball.

Just switched back over, watch me put the bock on him. First 20 I thought he lacked composure and off the ball seemed plodding, cheers chaps.

9 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

When opposition has ball, he always just positions himself so that they can’t play simple pass through the lines. Very subtle. When he gets ball, even with opponent round him, seems to have all the time in the world. Don’t think he has given it away all night. He is never going to win you a game on his own, not that type of player but every team needs someone of that ilk on the park. Let the match winners get on with it. 

This is such a key basic that most of our 11 always seem lacking in and for the same reason they make themselves unavailable options for the man on the ball under pressure. Was always a big thing for me under Deano, hopefully this gets fixed quick.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1