January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I seem to be one of the few not convinced by Cash. Hate to say it as I love his character and personality on the pitch.

I'm not convinced about him either. People on here seem set on getting rid of Targett  but Cash gets a free pass even though he's been equally shit. I mean what was he doing for Southampton's first goal? Just let it hit him ffs. 

He better improve of he can be replaced next summer. 

Just now, KAZZAM said:

I'm not convinced about him either. People on here seem set on getting rid of Targett  but Cash gets a free pass even though he's been equally shit. I mean what was he doing for Southampton's first goal? Just let it hit him ffs. 

His pace and energy are his best attributes. He's often very rash though, and on the ball he is bang average. I think he's decent, but majorly limited. If we're serious about challenging top 6 or even top 8 I think he'd have to be replaced, unless he goes and improves a fair bit, but he'll always be limited on the ball.

58 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Cash has been our POTS so far. Crazy statement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

I wouldn't say he's equally shit but certainly don't rate Cash at all. I've rarely seen him cross a ball and pick a player out. Needs upgrading too

Linked to yet another Rangers player now. This time LB Borna Barisic. 

Be really surprised if we go for a 29 y.o OK player to solve our LB issues. He has good lungs and a good cross but nah, sounds like lazy journalism.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Be really surprised if we go for a 29 y.o OK player to solve our LB issues. He has good lungs and a good cross but nah, sounds like lazy journalism.

He's not good enough.

Sort of similar to Targett IMO. Technically sound, but not the most athletic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Aye.  It's such an obvious one to do.  

We'll probably be getting linked with Kostas Tsimikas (reserve left back at Liverpool) in the not-too-distant as well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

He's not good enough.

Sort of similar to Targett IMO. Technically sound, but not the most athletic.

Yup, only watched him for Croatia but not really been impressed. At that age I can't see us going for him. Young is probably the better player.

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Aye.  It's such an obvious one to do.  

We'll probably be getting linked with Kostas Tsimikas (reserve left back at Liverpool) in the not-too-distant as well. 

Happily take him, think he's great. He single-handedly destroyed Sweden in the WC qualifier in Athens. Can't see Plop letting him go.

Back up left back and central midfield enforcer needed as a priority in January. 

other than that, we’re not too bad. 

The summer will be important though as we’ll need to address central defence with Hause and Tsuanzebe both leaving. 

54 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't he play CB aswell, can see logic in that if Hause is going.

The Summer window is going to be as much about who we can get rid of as it is who we sign. Our squad is a little bloated now and we won’t have much wiggle room with wages. 

We’ve spent a lot of money on Buendia, Bailey and Ings so I can’t see the club wanting to spend much money on another forward player as much as I think we need a new LW. 

The middle of the park is also becoming a little bit crowded even if the talent isn’t quite there. We have Chuk and Ramsey coming through too so we don’t want to block their path too much. Personally, I think both should be out on loan but hey ho. 

As a club, we need to be as good at selling players as we are signing them. Players like Traore, El Ghazi, Nakamba, Sanson etc. have a market value and we should be looking to move the squad players on to bring in players that can push the current starters to the bench. That’s how you improve. 

Right now, my biggest concern is we’ve wasted the Grealish money on Ings, Bailey and Buendia. A few might disagree but a bicycle kick, a cameo against Everton and a goal against Brentford aside, all three have been very poor so far this season. Fingers crossed they improve. 

I realise this is a January window discussion so I’d like to see us bring in Kent (who I rate), a central midfielder and possibly a left back if we can find one better than Targett for not too much money. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can't he play CB aswell, can see logic in that if Hause is going.

According to Transfermarkt he has 1 career game at CB back in 2018. The other 235 games he's played on the left.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Can we get Bissouma please

I think he has a few off field problems which could potentially scupper a move to any club. That said, if we were to take the risk it may be an opportunity but I can't imagine Purslow allowing any player join the club that has that type of off field distractions or reputation

• Like 1