January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

Probably already been said in this thread but January transfer windows are usually damp squibs so I'm not expecting any jaw dropping signings,  if any at all. 

• Like 2

I wouldn’t be adverse to one signing from Rangers in January, someone like Kamara would be sensible. He wouldn’t cost too much, he would be a needed addition to our midfield, but most importantly he is someone who knows what Gerrard wants and is trusted by Gerrard. Would we probably improve on him in the future, for sure, but to help us out for a yr or two it seems to make sense.

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kent is a better player than El Ghazi. 

Is he? He struggled in a lot of loan spells at Championship and Bundesliga level and I have no faith in SPL wide players since Scott Sinclair was the Ronaldo of the league

El Ghazi is better than Sinclair for a start 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Kent is a better player than El Ghazi. 

Until he went to the SPL Kent had scored a total of 4 goals between the championship and league 1 but please tell me more about your irrational hatred of El Ghazi. 

• Like 4

I've seen Kent a few times and he looks a good player, but not an upgrade on what we already have. Kamara is decent, but if we signed wouldn't be surprised to see him come under unfair criticism as from what I've seen I don't think he's the midfield powerhouse that some want of a new midielder, he's more of neat and tidy midfielder that keeps things simple.

Edited by useless

Sanson might wake up/get fit and be the sort of player we hoped he was by January. We’ll see. It’s a tricky window to buy in, hopefully SG can get a better tune out of the squad and a lot of the additions can wait until the summer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Probably already been said in this thread but January transfer windows are usually damp squibs so I'm not expecting any jaw dropping signings,  if any at all. 

I remember when we got Ashley Young and John Carew in a Jan window.

Then there was the one we got Mings and Hause, which is a major reason we got promoted! 

So don't write it off just yet.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

BBC rumour page saying we will be in for Kent and Kamara. God, hope not.  

Those two are the obvious names from Rangers. The question is, and I don’t know the answer to this, are they better than what we’ve got in their respective positions?

Also if we go for Kent then that likely means we are selling El-Ghazi. Also Gerrard will want to assess his squad properly before deciding on targets. So all the speculation now is just that, without foundation. Of course Lange and his team will be scouting and lining up players for Gerrard to choose from, so the Rangers links are most like rubbish. But other link may have some truth.

Remember Gerrard is our head coach, not a manager, so he doesn't set the targets, however he could have room to pick one or two targets that he particularly wants.

Every January people say the same things about there never have been decent signings made during that particular window yet it's just not true!

Nemanja Vidić, Van Dijk, Aubameyang, Suarez, B. Fernandes, P. Evra, A. Laporte, R. Mahrez, Coutinho to name just a few....

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Who’s was our best ever January transfer…?

Probably Darren Bent? Mings (loan)?