January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

At least we'll be able to keep transfer targets quiet whilst the media bleats on about Tavernier and Kent for the next 4 years 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Jan for me.

try to sell: Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Davis.

(we have Bailey, Traore, Buendia, Bidace, and to a lesser degree Watkins who can play wide/inside forward, getting money for El Ghazi & Trez, as well as getting them off the books would be a good move imo, Davis i dont think i need to explain).

loan/release: Vassilev (his Miami contract hasnt been extended, so i think he's coming back to the club soon).

Recall: Guilbert (for RB competition/cover).

Buy: DM as minimum, anything else is a bonus.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Jan for me.

(we have Bailey, Traore, Buendia, Bidace, and to a lesser degree Watkins who can play wide/inside forward, getting money for El Ghazi & Trez, as well as getting them off the books would be a good move imo, Davis i dont think i need to explain).

loan/release: Vassilev (his Miami contract hasnt been extended, so i think he's coming back to the club soon).

No way we'll sell Trez while he's injured. Davis, as has been done to death, is on a lot of money so we'll find difficult to shift. El Ghazi leaving is possible.

Guilbert it's possible SG will take a look at when he returns but I doubt he'll recall.

9 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

No way we'll sell Trez while he's injured. Davis, as has been done to death, is on a lot of money so we'll find difficult to shift. El Ghazi leaving is possible.

Guilbert it's possible SG will take a look at when he returns but I doubt he'll recall.

Trez is back in training now, so i would assume he might be close by Jan to at least passing a medical to go to another team.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

he's the wrong kamara...

AC Milan are rumoured to be after Boubacar and then also Alvarez in Jan, £20 - 30m for the pair or someone will at least sign kamara up with 6 months left on his contract

Milan are having a fine transfer policy recently, have raided France a few times recently and successful

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Milan are having a fine transfer policy recently, have raided France a few times recently and successful

ibra obviously raises the average age of the squad but if they get those 2 in they'll have a decent core of players in their early 20s, kamara will replace kessie

As much as I hate the idea, January might be the time to cash in on Dougie, if we aren't planning on offering him a new contract or he wants to move on to another opportunity (was linked heavily to Roma last summer).  We'd probably get 30 million for him at this point.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

ibra obviously raises the average age of the squad but if they get those 2 in they'll have a decent core of players in their early 20s, kamara will replace kessie

They have a contract negotiation problem as lost Donnarumma and now will lose Kessie and Romagnoli next summer

Just now, romavillan said:

Romagnoli is a great player, would love him here!

I think he would struggle in England, he is a bit weak in the physical battle. Lukaku destroyed him last season and I know Lukaku is unique but was a warning how easy it was

If i was villa manager and i wanted to clear out the underperformers/players who run hot and cold too much.... i would get rid of.....grab your hats lads/ladies/toasters

TARGETT-MINGS

MCGINN-NAKAMBA

DAVIS-AEG-TREZ

i would also cancel TUANZEBE'S loan

Then i reckon we would be on course if we replaced those above with quality

15 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

If i was villa manager and i wanted to clear out the underperformers/players who run hot and cold too much.... i would get rid of.....grab your hats lads/ladies/toasters

TARGETT-MINGS

MCGINN-NAKAMBA

DAVIS-AEG-TREZ

TBH, you could make that statement about any of our players this season.  Nobody has really been consistently quality in a side which just lost 5 in a row.

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he would struggle in England, he is a bit weak in the physical battle. Lukaku destroyed him last season and I know Lukaku is unique but was a warning how easy it was

Lukaku on his day is unplayable though, Romagnoli has great feet and good awareness, would make a good partner for Konsa and he's 3 years younger than Mings. He's 1m85cm and whilst he's not a brick shit house he'd cope IMO. His brain and feet would make up for it, especially his left foot.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

TARGETT-MINGS

MCGINN-NAKAMBA

DAVIS-AEG-TREZ

Get rid of all them and we can really push on towards a relegation dog fight. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Jan for me.

ditto.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

TARGETT-MINGS

MCGINN-NAKAMBA

DAVIS-AEG-TREZ

McGinn will feature in SG's thoughts, but not as a deep lying midfielder,in a defensive role........ more the role he plays for Scotland.

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Gerrard has been managing in Scotland but believe it or not he might know a lot about players outside Scotland

He might know about players in Europe too.

Steven, might have a lot to learn in the prem regarding management, but he is not daft and I suspect a quick learner too.

2 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

TARGETT-MINGS

MCGINN-NAKAMBA

DAVIS-AEG-TREZ

Yes - I think Stevie G will have a mini rebuild - probably not until summer though. Of your list I'd swap out Luiz for Mcginn. Not that I want either to leave - but can see some favourites.