Finn Azaz

villalad21

11 hours ago, Herman22 said:

He’s 21! I know we seem to be playing a lot of 18-19 years olds at the moment but we can’t write this guy off as too old at 21! 

Anyway, the summer will be interesting. Does a decent championship club come in? If so it would be interesting to see how he would get on with the step up. 

It's only league two, Ramsey was doing it at a top end league 1 club when we recalled him so if we say another season for Aziz at that level next season he'll be 23 when he may be deemed ready to join our first team squad and realistically that's too old bar the odd exception. Plus we'll be buying 2-3 new CMs in the meantime aswell.

Wish him well though, can certainly have a solid career with what he's shown this season.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's only league two, Ramsey was doing it at a top end league 1 club when we recalled him so if we say another season for Aziz at that level next season he'll be 23 when he may be deemed ready to join our first team squad and realistically that's too old bar the odd exception. Plus we'll be buying 2-3 new CMs in the meantime aswell.

Wish him well though, can certainly have a solid career with what he's shown this season.

that Dewsbury Hall wasnt really going anywhere and now seems a Leicester regular, players develop different stages

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that Dewsbury Hall wasnt really going anywhere and now seems a Leicester regular, players develop different stages

He did really well on loan at Luton last season so two divisions higher than Finn. Previous season he was at Blackpool.

I wish Finn Azaz well but think it's a long shot he'll ever seriously threaten to break into our first team squad.

Don't rule anybody out as some have said players develop at different stages, sure look where Vardy was age 21 and he didn't do to bad in the end 

Edited by gaffer85
Spelling

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He did really well on loan at Luton last season so two divisions higher than Finn. Previous season he was at Blackpool.

I wish Finn Azaz well but think it's a long shot he'll ever seriously threaten to break into our first team squad.

7 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah, I think the most likely outcome is he will carve a good career for himself in the Championship.

both of those are ok...

its a sensible approach from the club, with the previous relationship there our guy obviously likes him, got him in, sent him out, he has an opportunity to progress and better himself rather than sit in the U23s, we have the chance to keep him if he ever reaches our level or cash in on him if he doesn't, win win for both parties

when you realise that man city and chelsea are doing this with 20 to 30 players a year from all around the world, including a brazilian international currently on our books, its what football is 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gaffer85 said:

Don't rule anybody out as some have said players develop at different stages, sure look where Vardy was age 21 and he didn't do to bad in the end 

Yes but as we've seen before this fantasy land of us being made up of 11 academy players is just that fantasy...unless we want to be in league one or something.

In that midfield area he's behind prospects like Carney, Tim and the younger Ramsey brother in terms of potential and level he's currently playing at so have to be realistic sometimes.

If in 3/4 years we're qualifying for europe regularly with Kesler, Chisane, Tim, Ramsey Brothers, JPB and Archer all as regular guys in the 20 man matchday squad then that's brilliant work from our academy and scouting system. Unrealistic to think 25 man squad would be made up of 20 of them given we tried that approach between 2010-14.

Weimann, Bannan, Clark, Baker, Hogg, Albrighton all had their chances. With exception of last one all carved out solid championship careers for themselves.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

In that midfield area he's behind prospects like Carney, Tim and the younger Ramsey brother in terms of potential and level he's currently playing at so have to be realistic sometimes.

Carney and Tim perhaps, but definitely not the younger Ramsey. 

Azaz may be playing in league two, but he's just been named the best young player in that league, indicating he is far above that level. 

People are also making out that he's 26 or something. He's 21. Dewsbury Hall at Leicester didn't break through until he was 23, hell, Grealish didn't really become a force in the Championship until he was 23. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Carney and Tim perhaps, but definitely not the younger Ramsey. 

Azaz may be playing in league two, but he's just been named the best young player in that league, indicating he is far above that level. 

People are also making out that he's 26 or something. He's 21. Dewsbury Hall at Leicester didn't break through until he was 23, hell, Grealish didn't really become a force in the Championship until he was 23. 

I'd be looking at getting him a loan to a Championship side next season. One that plays good football and has a decent setup for younger players. Someone like MK Dons if they came up. The manager seems to have his head screwed on when it comes to young players on loan, based on his comments about KKH. No point booting him out on his a**e just yet.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 03/05/2022 at 07:03, useless said:

I don't think he will come back with a view to being part of our squad next season, but as an Aston Villa player I can't think why he wouldn't join in with pre-season training, he could have his pre-season with the U23s, but if the likes of Barry, Aaron Ramsey, Kesler-Hayden and so on, are going to have their pre-season with the first team, then I think it would be harsh not to let Azaz do the same.

Training with the first team squad today, I haven't been following who is and isn't going to be available, but presuming no Carney Chukwuemeka, Ramsey brothers, Iroegbunam, or McGinn, then I imagine there's a good chance he might get some game time against Walsall.

• Like 2

Tjought he was more of an attacking midfielder but he showed he is really decent in that central to deep playmaking role picking the ball up from the centrebacks and splitting them.  A very good footballer..might not make it with us but he will command a decent fee if he does go. 

27 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

You could sing his whole name as a chant to  the opening bit of the Fingermouse theme... 😂

😎

Edited by Follyfoot

5 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

No one at villa has every really taken a look at him. He signed last year and was straight on loan, proving himself as one of the best players in league 2. 

Well I’m sure they looked before they signed him 😜

Â