Finn Azaz

villalad21

The thing I find unusual about the Azaz signing is that we've loaned him to League Two side Newport, despite the fact he was one of Cheltenham's best players last season and helped them to promotion, you would have thought that they'd take him back as League One side, there was also talk of Albion wanting to keep him for next season as a squad player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Very odd, I watched him quite a few times last season. Thought he was decent and a big reason behind Cheltenhams promotion. I thought he'd make a reasonable championship player.

Could be exactly that. Develop for a couple of seasons. Sell for couple million profit to Championship club.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Could be exactly that. Develop for a couple of seasons. Sell for couple million profit to Championship club.

It’s almost like we are being run properly these days 

10 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Think it's more than he was a strong L2 player last season, probably could've gone to League One and instead we've sent him back to L2. Would've had a better chance of moving him on with some L1 games behind him

Azaz is going to have to be playing at an higher level than League Two if we're to sell him on for a fee in the millions, really he probably needs to be in the championship for that to happen. We've got a recall option for January so maybe the plan is to send him to an higher level then.

Kind of feel bad about talking of selling him after he's only just joined the club, who knows he might work his way into our first team. Either way, hope he does well out on loan as can only be good for us and him whatever we decided to do with him thereafter.

After signing the new deal, Azaz said: "I’m really excited to get going. I can see the direction the club wants to go in and I can’t wait to be part of it.

"I like playing with a bit of flair, especially when I’m higher up the pitch in a number 10 role but I can play in multiple positions in midfield so I’m excited to show the fans what I’ve got.

"It’s easy to say that I’d like to grab more goals and assists this season but all I want to do is help the team win as many games as possible and be as high up the table as we can."

Manager Michael Flynn added: "Finn is a player that we’ve been watching for some time and, despite only being 20, he’s already got a vast amount of experience in this division.

"He had a really good spell with Cheltenham last season and I’m sure he learned a lot being a part of a title-winning squad. “He’s a very intelligent player and I feel he can offer a lot to us in the new season, so I’m glad that we’ve got him through the door.

"I want to thank Aston Villa for their part in this and hopefully he will enjoy a successful season with us."

newportcounty

Edited by useless

Well this is all kinds of weird. It’s like we’ve somehow brokered his transfer to Newport. Wonder if we’ve someone take a few pounds as a favour and this is somehow the only way to get him over to Newport. Who knows…

Â