Finn Azaz

villalad21

38 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m intrigued as to why this comment required an edit and what the original unedited version was?

I suggested that Yoffie got done for noncing , 

‘when Yoffie lifts a finger…..

Edited by Follyfoot

30 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

31 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I’m none the wiser. 

13 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Well I’m sure they looked before they signed him 😜

So villa looked, signed him, sent him immediately on loan, he performs as the best player in the league, now we're writing him off?

Not quite sure what more he could have done. 

8 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

So villa looked, signed him, sent him immediately on loan, he performs as the best player in the league, now we're writing him off?

Not quite sure what more he could have done. 

The club obviously haven't written him off, would also disagree that no one at the club looked at him, Harrison knew him before he joined too 

I would say so far what we've done suggests villa know exactly what they're doing with him, put a plan in place for him and now they're seeing it in action, would expect him to go out on loan again this season to a higher standard 

Not sure why anyone gets knocked for him, the club are seemingly doing what's right and so is the player 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The club obviously haven't written him off, would also disagree that no one at the club looked at him, Harrison knew him before he joined too 

I would say so far what we've done suggests villa know exactly what they're doing with him, put a plan in place for him and now they're seeing it in action, would expect him to go out on loan again this season to a higher standard 

Not sure why anyone gets knocked for him, the club are seemingly doing what's right and so is the player 

I agree, my issue is with people writing him off.

A loan to a championship club pushing for a top six place would be good for him I reckon?

I didn’t watch the game yesterday but sounds like the guy needs to be playing regular championship football next season. Would be a good test for him.

Edited by ferguson1

Good move for him. I know folk were talking about Championship moves etc, but it's all about finding the right club where he'll actually be able to play and suit what they do there. Plymouth apparently play good football and will likely be competing at the top end of the table again so it could be a chance for him to really flourish  

• Like 2

On 02/05/2022 at 17:19, useless said:

♪ Goal, assist, and presumably man of the match as he was comfortably the best player on the pitch, looked like he was going to make something happen every time he got the ball, but didn't overplay, played it simple when he had to, and for all his creativity doesnt't look like a luxury player, helps out with the general midfield play in terms of tracking back, trying to win tackles and so on. Has really quick feet for a big tall player, and can go either way, not saying he's anywhere near as good of course, but reminded me of Zidane in that sense.

Will be interesting to see him in pre season with us, as can't see any reason why he won't get a run out in some of the friendlies.♪

Plymouth fans will be reading this thread to get the lowdown on their new signing, the above post should be music to their ears. Good signing for them, as potentially good enough to play at Championship level if the lttle I saw of him was anything to go by, didn't look out of place playing for our first team either, albeit only in a friendly.

Top end of League One is a good level, not much difference between that and bottom of Championship, so should be a good challenge for him as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'm assuming Steven Schumacher is a friend of Gerrard's too given they are both from Liverpool

He was Ryan Lowe’s assistant at Argyle and stepped up when Lowe went to Preston (and signed Archer on a successful loan)

Argyle can play good football and this will be a good move for both Azaz and Plymouth.

I’m only a few mile up the road so will try and take in a couple of games now

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Very surprised he hasn’t gone to a Championship club. Slightly disappointed at that but good to see him get some game time! 

Generally that's what the clubs with best record of loans do e.g. one division a season or perhaps in six months as we did with Kesler last season.

Dewsbury Hall eventually came through at Leicester after playing at Blackpool in league one and then had a really good loan at Luton in the championship. Also looked at Conor Gallagher's loan spells.

Azaz could be a nice surprise given he isn't part of our wonderkid group. Bit older than the rest but if he rips it up at Plymouth for first 6 months then we'll probably have some championship interest in him in January. Then a decision to make next summer.

What's pleasing is Jedinak is grasping what we need to do with loans rather than just half hearted loans to league 2 which is what O'Hare kept on getting four years ago.

Â