Finn Azaz

villalad21

37 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Probably needs a Championship loan next season but he certainly looks a talent based on his goals. 

its good, but its what he does over 90 minutes thats the most important.

• 1 month later...

When he signed i think we were all completely puzzled to a man why we had .i guess his performances this season answer the question. They knew exactly how good he was and what his potential upside was. If thats playing for us who knows. But it might be to get a £1 mill fee out of a championship club whicb then helps fund the wages of a first team player. 

It's an interesting one - his only real connection to Villa (other than his contract) is that our academy manager worked with him at Albion.

I'm still not sure whether this was primarily a deal that was made for the benefit of Azaz; whether we were doing him a favour because of his relationship with our staff at his former club - but it's worked out really well for him and by association by us - I think we'll probably cash in on him for a fee this summer - he's too old to be integrated into our academy system and not someone who is going to step into the first team.

He might become something of an historical oddity - a Villa player who won League 2 young player of the year without ever having stepped foot in Bodymoor Heath or having ever put on a Villa shirt at any level.

Hopefully having a Villa contract has helped him find the right place to develop, he'll go on to have a decent career and we'll make a little but of money - win-win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Christ, fair play son. 

Championship loan with a view to getting a huge return on the pittance we paid for him?

This is Villa. We'll give him away for free in the summer.

• Haha 1

Going to be interesting to see what happens with him. He is older than Jacob Ramsey so i guess his development upside is maybe not as high as our other youngsters, but he has obviously shown an awful lot of an all round game to get young player of the season for a team in  11th place in the league . Well done Finn

Watched the first half on and off, but he's playing really well, has the technical skills of a No.10, but also has excellent work rate getting up and down the pitch, as I say was watching it on and off so didn't see everything but when not watching could hear the commentary praising him saying he's running the game, and this is for a Newport team with nothing to play for versus a Port Vale team fighting for promotion.

If today is any indication of how good he's been all season, then I would be really surprised if he's not in the championship next season, looks a really good player.

Â