Finn Azaz

villalad21

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Argyle!!! Amazing, cannot wait to see him at home park. He will tear it up, absolutely delighted to have the Devon/Villa link. 

We've got quite a few now, mostly joining us after having been at Exeter. Then of course we have Tyrone Mings from the right side of the border.

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

He was Ryan Lowe’s assistant at Argyle and stepped up when Lowe went to Preston (and signed Archer on a successful loan)

Argyle can play good football and this will be a good move for both Azaz and Plymouth.

I’m only a few mile up the road so will try and take in a couple of games now

They were unlucky not to get the play offs last season so hopefully this one works out well. 

• Like 1

Alot of talk with our youngsters about championship moves etc but i think you have to be realistic and realise a lot of this development in youth is a bigger picture business model with the plan of bringing them in for low compo, developing them through loans across the league and selling on for the balance sheet with the top 5-10% of them going onto the first team

• Like 2

I think this guy speaks to the genius of Mark Harrison and our academy staff. 

Bringing in a player who was on the cusp of 21 years of age. Instant loan with huge relative success. 

Another loan to a League 1 club where he should do really well again. 

Then maybe gets a Championship loan next season which from seeing him first half against Walsall will be well within his capability.

Then he has either kicked on so much that we keep him or we sell him to another club and do a Flynn Downes as it is called now for probably 10 mill. 

That pays for our academy for a year . 

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think this guy speaks to the genius of Mark Harrison and our academy staff. 

Bringing in a player who was on the cusp of 21 years of age. Instant loan with huge relative success. 

Another loan to a League 1 club where he should do really well again. 

Then maybe gets a Championship loan next season which from seeing him first half against Walsall will be well within his capability.

Then he has either kicked on so much that we keep him or we sell him to another club and do a Flynn Downes as it is called now for probably 10 mill. 

That pays for our academy for a year . 

It’s worked very well for Liverpool over the years.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s worked very well for Liverpool over the years.

City are thriving from it, look at their outs the last couple of years and there is loads of this goes on, same with Chelsea

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was surprised he didn't get a championship loan this season, if I'm honest.

The mighty Plymouth Ar-gil-leé are at a level far above any football team, wash your mouth out. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

Having grown up in Devon I always keep an eye on Argyle's games and he's doing really well for them. Hopefully the loan goes really well and we send a few more there in future. 

• Like 1

Â