Finn Azaz

villalad21

• 2 weeks later...

the only problem i see with Azaz, is that he is 21 years old and playing on loan in League 2, he will be 22 just after the new season starts.

Its great that he is doing well at Newport, but if he has any chance of pushing for our first team squad, he really needs to be performing in the Championship next year.

Just now, MaVilla said:

the only problem i see with Azaz, is that he is 21 years old and playing on loan in League 2, he will be 22 just after the new season starts.

Its great that he is doing well at Newport, but if he has any chance of pushing for our first team squad, he really needs to be performing in the Championship next year.

Well, quite. He can't perform at a higher level unless he is given the opportunity. Considering his form I would guess we will try and get him a place at a Championship club next season.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well, quite. He can't perform at a higher level unless he is given the opportunity. Considering his form I would guess we will try and get him a place at a Championship club next season.

yep lets hope so!

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

How long is his contract? 

Seemed a strange signing a the time and still unsure of what his future will be. 

Might be just a small investment, rather than a big view of having a future with us.

But I hope the best for us and him as well.

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Maybe we could loan him back to the Olbiyun ;)

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not to me. I think he has great potential. We don't have anyone similar in the first team. 

What type of midfield player is he? Style wise who does he remind you of?

I thought we bought him to flip, he cost us a nominal fee, wages won't be big, loan him out for a few years, sell him to a championship team and hopefully make a couple of million profit 

If he turns out better than that then great, if he turns out worse then hopefully worst case scenario we are down to a few hundred thousand in profit but it's still profit

Got no problem with that and think we will and should do it more whilst the reputation of our academy is high 

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe not the greatest example but I would liken him to a Dele Ali (before he went shit). Hes quite athletic so can be box to box, likes to be on the ball and passing it a lot but is good in the final third with an eye for goal. Not the type to skin players with skill but a good finisher and will also take on a long range shot. 

I'm enjoying watching his rise but was very surprised when we signed him. I watched him a lot in league 2 for Cheltenham, thought he was great and a big part of their promotion but I didn't ever expect him to become a prem player. Maybe because of his age, I guess you typically expect players hitting their 20s to be established at prem clubs if they're going to make it 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

As I've said previously, when I watched the Youth final, he was the one that stood out for me. He had such a maturity to his game. Great anticipation with a wonderful eye for a pass and always looking to get the team on the front foot. If I had to pick a Villa midfielder who he reminds me of, I would say Mortimer or McMahon. I'm sure you know or have heard how good both of them were. If he's half as good as either, we'll have some player on our hands. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

As I've said previously, when I watched the Youth final, he was the one that stood out for me. He had such a maturity to his game. Great anticipation with a wonderful eye for a pass and always looking to get the team on the front foot. If I had to pick a Villa midfielder who he reminds me of, I would say Mortimer or McMahon. I'm sure you know or have heard how good both of them were. If he's half as good as either, we'll have some player on our hands. 

Which youth final? If you mean the FA youth we won last year Azaz didn’t play, he wasn’t even signed for us then.

Â