Finn Azaz

villalad21

Our youth set up will have known him for many years and most likely believe he has a higher ceiling than he is showing currently. Might not be for ever getting near the first team. Might be that we think his future value might be say  £1 million in the future so its just financial reasons. Its a punt by us i think with zero downside. 

Alongside Kesler this is probably the one other loan you could say has been a success so far? 

It's a strange one with Azaz, bit of a random signing then straight out on loan so struggle to have any sort of connection towards him. Intrigued to see what the plan is with him next summer. 

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm convinced we just want to have the team with the coolest sounding names ever, in the future.

Except for Barry. Sounds like a plumber.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Farlz said:

Alongside Kesler this is probably the one other loan you could say has been a success so far? 

It's a strange one with Azaz, bit of a random signing then straight out on loan so struggle to have any sort of connection towards him. Intrigued to see what the plan is with him next summer. 

Looks like Azaz has been success, but Azaz is 21 and doing well in League 2, not sure what that implies, but if he were actually that good wouldnt we be expecting a bit more from a talented 21 year old than League 2??

Not saying one way or the other, just saying it isnt like he is 17/18 etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Looks like Azaz has been success, but Azaz is 21 and doing well in League 2, not sure what that implies, but if he were actually that good wouldnt we be expecting a bit more from a talented 21 year old than League 2??

Strange one isn’t it? Signed from nowhere and immediately shipped on loan to get games.

Perhaps our scouts thought he’s worth a punt and he’ll be a late bloomer into top level football? It happens doesn’t it still with Mings being a recent example.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Watkins was still playing in league 2 at that age. Not impossible to imagine him developing at a similar rate 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Strange one isn’t it? Signed from nowhere and immediately shipped on loan to get games.

Perhaps our scouts thought he’s worth a punt and he’ll be a late bloomer into top level football? It happens doesn’t it still with Mings being a recent example.

i wasnt surprised tbh.

He may be 21 and possibly not in our first team plans unless he does really really well, however if we are trying to develop a conveyor belt of young talent to either get in to our squad or sell for profit, Azaz makes perfect sense.

He was a fairly highly regarded young player at WBA, we managed to sign him for free, if he does well he might get in to our squad, if he proves not quite good enough maybe another PL, champ or other team might be willing to pay a tidy sum for him if he proves himself on loan.

Fits perfectly with our youth development plan imo?

• Like 4

If he does well on loan and we can eventually sell him for a figure in at least the hundreds of thousands then that means that that money could go back into the academy and potentially fund the signing of a couple of the best sixteen year olds in the country in the Feeney/Burchall mode. I think that was pretty much the thinking behind bringing him in, if he impresses so much that he works his way into our first team squad then so much the better, but either way I don't think we or him can lose, as It's a mutually beneficial deal, he gets to have a team like Aston Villa on his CV, will be being paid a decent wage, as well as having access to our rescources, and provided with a decent loan, and I'm sure he himself will be hoping that he can make it in our team, even if that doesn't happen it's something for him to aim for.

Something else that I think might have played on our mind is that in the summer of 2020 we released all of Hepburn-Murphy, Green, Doyle-Hayes, O'Hare, and Sarkic, on free transfers. Probably talking about £3m plus worth of talent there, O'Hare maybe worth double that by himself now. They're a bunch of players who if we'd have handled better we should have been able to make some money from for the academy, kind of feels like the signing of Azaz is almost an attempt to rectify that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Dewsbury-Hall has just got into the Leicester team, and he's 23. I guess some players develop later than others. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It was a massive deflection. It's a league game btw, they are out of the FA Cup. 

yeah they showed the goal on sky sports news and oh i see fair enough. was like a pinball situation so just unfortunate really, not a reflection on him.

Â