Finn Azaz

villalad21

I’m a bit disappointed in myself as I should be tracking Azaz more closely with Newport being my home town team but I’ve just not kept close to it, seems to be really doing well down there though judging on his goals and assists return in a side pushing for promotion.

I think the issue is that he just doesn't feel like one of ours. There's no investment in him as a younmgster from the club, and in turn none from the fans. He was relased (?) by Albion and we picked him up and immediately loaned him out. We know next to nothing about him and have no usual emotional connection to him as you would when your academy players get loaned out. He is likely to be one of those that we get a fee for and keeps the academy ticking over financially. Good luck to him.

On 12/02/2022 at 23:01, MaVilla said:

the only problem i see with Azaz, is that he is 21 years old and playing on loan in League 2, he will be 22 just after the new season starts.

Its great that he is doing well at Newport, but if he has any chance of pushing for our first team squad, he really needs to be performing in the Championship next year.

Ollie was still kicking about in League 2 at 22 with Exeter City.

I don’t by any stretch think this means he’ll make it, but some take a lot longer than the Bellingham/Foden/Sancho types.

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think that this forum is underestimating him in terms of where he can go at this club.

Dewsbury- Hall has broken into the Leicester team this season and he turns 24 in September. He spent the last two seasons at Luton & Blackpool..

Tim Cahill left Millwall at age 24 to join Everton..

Just let’s just see how it goes before writing him off..

A certain lad named Paul McGrath only moved to England aged 22.

Didn't work out too bad for him 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think that this forum is underestimating him in terms of where he can go at this club.

Dewsbury- Hall has broken into the Leicester team this season and he turns 24 in September. He spent the last two seasons at Luton & Blackpool..

Tim Cahill left Millwall at age 24 to join Everton..

Just let’s just see how it goes before writing him off..

The one thing Mark Harrison knows is the potential of these ex Baggies players. Iroegbunam came in the summer and seems to be standing out. And Finn seems to have plenty in his locker . Even if we never play him in the prem we will he able to get a decent fee for him to swell the coffers. 

3 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

The one thing Mark Harrison knows is the potential of these ex Baggies players. Iroegbunam came in the summer and seems to be standing out. And Finn seems to have plenty in his locker . Even if we never play him in the prem we will he able to get a decent fee for him to swell the coffers. 

He'll be a big name.

seriously, I like what I see.....another Gareth Barry.

13 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I can see him impressing during Pre Season and getting a move to a Championship club next season

I think this will be the route - and if he does well in the Championship his value will be much higher both on the pitch and off of it.

We’re trying to get some of the best academy players from up and down the country, and beyond, and finally we seem to be doing it with a business brain.

Look at Chelsea, they have made an incredible amount of great business decisions - with selling players on eventually, loan fees, and a whole bunch of players being good enough in the end to compete at the very pinnacle of football.

Edited by samjp26

On 02/03/2022 at 07:12, peterw said:

I think the issue is that he just doesn't feel like one of ours. There's no investment in him as a younmgster from the club, and in turn none from the fans. He was relased (?) by Albion and we picked him up and immediately loaned him out. We know next to nothing about him and have no usual emotional connection to him as you would when your academy players get loaned out. He is likely to be one of those that we get a fee for and keeps the academy ticking over financially. Good luck to him.

You never know, he could surprise us all.

I don't quite get this emotional attachment thing, with the Academy alone......many players have been brought in and we have become emotionally attached... Paul McGrath, being the finest example.

If a player comes in and does the business i.e Andy Gray @ 19 or David Platt@ 22.......The emotional attachment soon arrives with consistently good performances....not just the academy.

• 2 weeks later...
Â