Finn Azaz

villalad21

He's doing well enough with Plymouth that he will probably have interest from Championship teams further up the table than those battling relegation.

I watched him at the end of last season, it was League Two but I couldn't believe how good he looked, for such a tall player he's super skillful on the ball, can use both feet and has excellent balance, as I said before obviously not anywhere near as good but in a strange way he reminded me of Zidane with those attributes, and he didn't look like a luxury player either, his all-round midfield play looked really good.

It could be that we leave him where he is, I suspect last January he was doing well enough to be moved up to League One but we left him at Newport, and maybe we will do the same with him at Plymouth this year, if he can get promotion with them then that's presumably next year's loan for him already sorted, unless someone else comes in with an acceptable bid.

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Another video of the goal.

The lad has talent.

dont worry, we would bring him back and either:

1) Do an Archer and give him a total of 3 mins 45 seconds game time.

or

2) Infect him with McGinnavirus causing him to not be able to pass 5 yards or shoot straight.

14 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Can confirm first hand, Azaz is a championship level player. That said, Argyle should cruise League one now if Schumacher stays as manager.

would definitely leave Azaz there for this and next season.

Do you think he will ever be PL level? I know he is 22 so time is not on his side.

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Do you think he will ever be PL level? I know he is 22 so time is not on his side.

Feels harsh to say considering he’s having a good season, but probably not. I think he’s very much a good championship player in the making though. As you say age isn’t on his side to make it, sadly.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

would be interested to see how he would do with a Championship loan, he does look a little too good for League 1.

what i will say though, oh my lord, are players in that Newport team paid a bonus to hit the bar lol.

On 29/12/2022 at 00:34, MaVilla said:

would be interested to see how he would do with a Championship loan, he does look a little too good for League 1.

what i will say though, oh my lord, are players in that Newport team paid a bonus to hit the bar lol.

Argyle are currently top of League One by 7 points and playing good football. Leave him there for the season and send him back next year.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Loves an assist this guy. Anyone know his contract situation with us? Should surely be playing championship football next season.

7 minutes ago, turvontour said:

And another

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 1

On 22/01/2023 at 03:10, turvontour said:

Loves an assist this guy. Anyone know his contract situation with us? Should surely be playing championship football next season.

He signed a new contract before he went to Plymouth but the details weren't released.

Â