Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

he is clearly not fully fit and up to speed, just like many of our players seem to be (Bailey, Sanson, even Watkins and McGinn looked/look out of sorts physically etc).

I have no doubt once they new fitness expectations are reached and they all get game time together, im sure players like Bailey, Buendia etc, will be really important players for us.

30 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I thought he was alright. Nothing special but not shit. Has a poor temperament unfortunately. Hopefully the new coaches will wise him up.

Maybe, but it came across to me as anger with himself. He knows his performances aren’t up to scratch but there’s no doubting his ability. Once it clicks he’ll be a huge asset, imo. 

• Like 1

He's a Carlos Gil re-gen at the moment. Clearly good with a football but not a lot is coming off and the games are passing him by.

Doesn't really offer more than El Ghazi and probably not a lot more than Chuk or JPB would.

Still time for him to bed in and get up to speed though.

I don’t think he played badly, his decisions just didn’t come off for him. He had the effort and drive, he tried to get his teammates pressing all first half. You can see he’s constantly talking to them, you can see he has great technical ability, it just isn’t happening. 

• Like 1

Don’t think he’s what we need atm on a central position: he leaves is lacking in physicality. I’d prefer to see him out wide but fear that he might get lost out there, too, based on his current lack of confidence/fitness.

Perhaps this is superficial, but he reminds me of Carlos Gil. There’s a player there, no doubt, but patience is needed on all sides.

It wasn't a great game for him yesterday, just seemed like one of those days, but i don't think we exactly helped him as a team, a lot of the balls to him were poor leaving him in impossible situations where not many players would have done any better, we need to provide better service to him, find him in better positions with better balls and more often.

I'd like to see he, Watkins and Bailey be given a run in the team as the front three, allow them to play themselves into form and develop and understanding with each other.

There's a player in Buendia, but perhaps there are a few issues with him.

New club, new manager, a few different positions, injuries, poor form and pressure, then ANOTHER new manager, I don't know...

I watched the match yesterday and then again watched the highlights and on a few occasions he linked the play well, got involved and made a few very good passes.

He just doesn't seem like a right-side attacker/Winger? Seems to want to be more in the middle?

However it was a little funny how just before he got subbed he picked the ball up deep in our half and ran, tried a few stepovers and it all seemed so good and then he just cheaply gave the ball away! Then Gerrard subbed him, Buendia knew he'd messed up which was why he was so angry.

Hopefully once Gerrard gets to him and if Buendia listens it will be good for us. Be like a new signing!

Â