Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Don’t think he’s what we need atm on a central position: he leaves is lacking in physicality. 

I’d prefer to see him out wide but fear that he might get lost out there, too, based on his current lack of confidence/fitness.

Perhaps this is superficial, but he reminds me of Carlos Gil. 

There’s a player there, no doubt, but patience is needed on all sides. 

He is playing out wide. He's just never there.

• Like 1

His one touch passing is good.

Apart from that he is weak, can't regularly dribble past an opponent and when he keeps the ball into his feet he seems to think he has more time than he does to do something with it.

It's not the championship. He looks like a championship player to me 

You have to say that none of the big money signings have been a success as yet. All have had their moments, but when you look at Cornet at Burnley who was injured at the starts of the season thats value for money. 

He is struggling to influence the game in a positive way currently. Definitely needs time to adjust however and the shambles of a pre-season did not help at all. He still looks off it fitness wise to me and is very often caught on his heels as a result. 

It will come with good coaching and as his fitness / confidence gets better i feel.

I think we'll start to see the best of him in the next month or two. He's come into an unsettled side, poor performances from the team haven't helped him; nor has his lack of fitness.

Once we get bit of stability, performances pick up & players get fitter, Buendia will come into his own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I think we'll start to see the best of him in the next month or two. He's come into an unsettled side, poor performances from the team haven't helped him; nor has his lack of fitness.

Once we get bit of stability, performances pick up & players get fitter, Buendia will come into his own.

It's odd because most flair players don't press, track back or work hard, yet Buendia works his socks off, I just feel he is trying to hard and needs to take a breath. Reminds me a lot of Trez at the moment.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

It's odd because most flair players don't press, track back or work hard, yet Buendia works his socks off, I just feel he is trying to hard and needs to take a breath. Reminds me a lot of Trez at the moment.

I mean he's got so much more ability than Trez it's unreal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Depends what you mean by trying too hard mate. I think you’re probably right in that he’s trying to hard to impress, but in terms of work rate this has always been a part of his game. 

For me the quality is there, it’s plain to see, but the strength and speed of PL players is a couple of steps up from the championship and atm he is struggling to adjust. 

Still no doubt in my mind that he will prove to be a good signing 

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Depends what you mean by trying too hard mate. I think you’re probably right in that he’s trying to hard to impress, but in terms of work rate this has always been a part of his game. 

For me the quality is there, it’s plain to see, but the strength and speed of PL players is a couple of steps up from the championship and atm he is struggling to adjust. 

Still no doubt in my mind that he will prove to be a good signing 

He's not just gelled in with the rest of the team yet - he'll get there. 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Mitrovic-itis 

Too good for the championship but not good enough for the Prem, perhaps.

But he's had a season in the PL in a struggling Norwich team and his stats were superb. 

It's just not clicked for him yet, I'm sure he'll come good. 

• Like 2

The one thing he has lost since last season at Norwich is composure. Gives the ball away under pressure rather than winning a foul like Grelaish would if there wasnt a pass on . The sooner he learns how to position his body the better. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

But he's had a season in the PL in a struggling Norwich team and his stats were superb. 

It's just not clicked for him yet, I'm sure he'll come good. 

Norwich went down without so much as a whimper that season, people were pulling his stats out around the time we signed him but they didn’t seem overly impressive and stats can be deceiving.

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think people are too quick to write Buendia off. To put it in context, Benrahma was the best player in the championship and spent the following season on the bench most weeks for West ham, as he wasn't up to speed. This season he is a regular starter in a very good hammers side. Buendia has the same underlying quality and maybe it will take him a while to adapt, but when he does he will be a very good player for us. 

Good comparison.

I thought that he was OK the first half. He made our best opportunity in the half, gave the ball away only once, generally did intelligent things with the ball, ran his socks off and did some nice things in the press.

He did not look good second half. And I'm saying that as one his biggest fans on this board. I'm wondering if he's fully fit. It's not the first time he's faded.

Â