Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

I think Emi has been a victim of the change in style we saw this season under Deano.  For whatever reason (Shakespeare?) we played longer balls forward - I guess for Bailey/Watkins/whoever to run on to or hold the ball up.  I think most of us would agree that this isn't a style which particularly suits our team (even if it could work at points).  Thinking back to what Purslow said, we essentially purchased 3 players to deliver what we lost when Grealish left.  What Grealish was obviously incredibly adept at was wanting the ball in to feet and then utilising it quickly - either with dribbling or passing.

It's this element that I think Emi will thrive with once we start to play that way (again).  If he gets the ball in to his feet, he certainly has the ability to shift the ball and has very good vision which we've seen in glimpses.  He's - on paper - the best creator we've got in the squad and has a tenacity to go with it.  Gerrard will love working with him IMO.

We can see from our own eyes he’s had a difficult time during his time here. That’s the danger in picking out one stat to base your opinion on. 

Agree he will most likely come good though, when everyone is on each other’s wavelength. 

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I can feel his awesomeness getting closer.

Yeh. Awesomeness. 

Complete waste of money based on what I’ve seen so far. 

This transfer, the sum especially, will take a long time to recover from if he doesn’t turn it around.

He’s been appalling.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Awesomeness. 

Complete waste of money based on what I’ve seen so far. 

This transfer, the sum especially, will take a long time to recover from if he doesn’t turn it around.

He’s been appalling.

This is ridiculous. 

I cant be bothered to provide reasoning for it being ridiculous, but just know, it's ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So he hasn’t been appalling? What has he done well so far? 

Get some football knowledge and you'll see 👍

Frustrating night for him, always gonna struggle in games like that as although he works hard he is a bit lightweight. But he still created one clear cut chance and one break for Watkins with his clever passing. He's very clever and technically superb.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Get some football knowledge and you'll see 👍

Frustrating night for him, always gonna struggle in games like that as although he works hard he is a bit lightweight. But he still created one clear cut chance and one break for Watkins with his clever passing. He's very clever and technically superb.

Ok, I’ll bow to your greater knowledge on this one pal. 

He’s superb. 

Â