Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely. We need to push on otherwise we'll lose players next season to bigger clubs. 

I think we will push on. Maybe aim for top half this season. 

We could sell again this season and reinvest, gradually improving. 

My concern is how we can compete FFP wise with teams with larger commercial revenues (we can't). I see us long term developing players, selling them, not always to the so called elite clubs, but making bits of profit and allowing us to spend.

Don't get me wrong though I'd love us to go out there and spend big again. That way brings me a lot more joy...

6 minutes ago, jim said:

Sounds like excuses already. We aren’t going to get into Europe with what we’ve got. 

Hopefully I’m jumping the gun, but questions should be asked if we don’t strengths further.

I think the club acknowledge that loosing Grealish will set us back. Going on a spending spree to prove a point imo isn't the style of the current regime.

If JWP is moveable I'm sure we will be in for him (although I think so will other clubs).

Pape Sarr is an interesting one - seems exactly what we need. But will cost and is only 18.

I can see us spending another £60m to £80m, with the majority of that going on a DM, and an attacking central midfielder. The DM I didn't really think we needed, but Percy has mentioned it a few times, and that journalist that broke the Bailey story, that it seems it's a position we want to strenghten.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Super, Super League, super super league, some of that 12 were desperate, **** them all.

OGC.8f88381989f54bfb217c7d85e5c8af57?pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2f70sbig.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2015%2f06%2fPHXVQfe.gif&ehk=KUPmgKe9wRqiyU1NalB0%2fUprBGqtFqyJ%2f4eB1K1HSL4%3d&w=237&h=146&c=8&dpr=1.5

Amen. Pity their coconspirators in England don’t have similar troubles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

That would surprise me. I think we have hard nosed professionals running the club. Unless something gives with JWP I don't see it.

We are currently about net even. There is no way our owners wear not going to spend a penny this season 

I think if we are serious about Europe we need more quality in this squad because if we settle for what we have in the squad currently it going to be a stretch to get a European place.

Looking at the Inter squad I feel like the better players are probably out of our reach just now, and the rest are either old and on big wages or young and unproven. We are the ones with money and FFP leeway right now though so you never know!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Madness, if this is true

With this and Barcelona it's basically just the logical conclusion of the Premier League and the oil clubs laying waste to all before them.

The whole fabric of football as we know it is collapsing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Barrella please

Bastoni would be nice too. 

Bit of an overkill for 3rd option CB perhaps but he's going to be a fantastic CB very soon.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

With this and Barcelona it's basically just the logical conclusion of the Premier League and the oil clubs laying waste to all before them.

The whole fabric of football as we know it is collapsing.

I feel no sympathy, especially for clubs like Barcelona, who was making money hand over fist and decided to waste it on tapping up everyone to get them to move.