Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'll be surprised if we sign anyone else. I think we've spent the money we got in from transfers and we will start the season with what we've got and go from there. 

Pretty happy with where we are compared to last season in terms of quality in the squad. I don't think we need further depth in the center of the park immediately. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, doaflip said:

I'll be surprised if we sign anyone else. I think we've spent the money we got in from transfers and we will start the season with what we've got and go from there. 

Pretty happy with where we are compared to last season in terms of quality in the squad. I don't think we need further depth in the center of the park immediately. 

I think we will take stock and see how we go too.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Oh right. I thought the rumour was £50m. - could be wrong.

Just checked, the Daily Mail said the fee requested was £22m. Not a great source though… 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think we are waiting for big target to become available. I don't think we will get a gimmick signing for the sake of it.

I would like Pepe Sarr - but not at £50m

I think we could still sign 4 players:

DM/DLP - JWP is the big target I feel. I think we'll keep trying and pushing this one. 

AM/AML - We bid for ESR twice (apparently). This was after already signing Buendia. The signings since (Bailey and Ings) are different types of players, so I reckon we are still in this market. Cantwell is the option here, for the right price, I feel. 

GK - An experienced backup. We've already been rebuffed by 2 keepers so far according to the rumours. 

CB - A youngster / loan. 

2 minutes ago, doaflip said:

Be disappointing tbh. Thought we had ambitions of pushing for europe?

• Like 2

Just now, jim said:

Absolutely. We need to push on otherwise we'll lose players next season to bigger clubs. 

• Like 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Any players we could be after from Inter? About to go into liquidarion and listening to offers for everyone!

Even with £97.5m for Lukaku?! 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Absolutely. We need to push on otherwise we'll lose players next season to bigger clubs. 

Exactly. The three we have signed and kept Grealish, I’d have said yeah we mean business. 

If we stick with what we’ve got, I’d start to question how serious we are and if we are just another selling club, happy to hover around mid table.

Edited by jim

2 minutes ago, jim said:

I'm sure we do. But I don't see us running around like headless chickens in the transfer market.

The problem isn't only the money is getting high calibre players to join a club not playing in Europe.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I'm sure we do. But I don't see us running around like headless chickens in the transfer market.

The problem isn't only the money is getting high calibre players to join a club not playing in Europe.

Sounds like excuses already. We aren’t going to get into Europe with what we’ve got. 

Hopefully I’m jumping the gun, but questions should be asked if we don’t strengths further.

• Like 1