Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

With this and Barcelona it's basically just the logical conclusion of the Premier League and the oil clubs laying waste to all before them.

The whole fabric of football as we know it is collapsing.

Capitalism for you.

• Like 3

Just now, thabucks said:

Clubs that are mismanaged so spectacularly deserve no sympathy and deserve whatever consequences… 

There but for the grace of McGrath 

• Like 1

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah, surely not.

No idea. Have you seen proof? I can’t believe this could happen but given the damage COVID-19 has done to most economies who is in a position to help?

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Clubs that are mismanaged so spectacularly deserve no sympathy and deserve whatever consequences… 

Not sure inter are that mismanaged, think they're another team with a Chinese owner who can't get his money out of China 

Unfortunately I think bastoni, skrinair, barella will all be beyond us, martinez definitley will be, I don't think they have much for us 

Inter Milan's owners' other team Jiangsu FC were shut down earlier this year just after they won the Chinese Super League. So seems they don't have a good record of running football clubs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, striker said:

Wouldn’t have signed Mings or Ings if the focus was on their injury record. Tuwanzebe is a very good 3rd-4th choice CB.

Still expect Villa to sign another midfielder plus the above CB then your done.

According to transfermarkt Ings has missed 7 games last 2 season from injury vs Tuanzebe unavailable for 47. Bit of a difference

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

Inter Milan's owners' other team Jiangsu FC were shut down earlier this year just after they won the Chinese Super League. So seems they don't have a good record of running football clubs.

To be fair the whole Chinese Super League situation is bizarre. Seems like the Chinese government don't want Chinese business investing in things like football clubs anymore. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure inter are that mismanaged, think they're another team with a Chinese owner who can't get his money out of China 

This old chestnut … Still as with the fraud Xia no excuses for bad management… 

Edited by thabucks

1 minute ago, MachoFantastico said:

To be fair the whole Chinese Super League situation is bizarre. Seems like the Chinese government don't want Chinese business investing in things like football clubs anymore. 

Not surprised considering how bad they are at running them. It's a bit of an embarrassment to the Government. 

24 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

With this and Barcelona it's basically just the logical conclusion of the Premier League and the oil clubs laying waste to all before them.

The whole fabric of football as we know it is collapsing.

In Inters case I think it's rather a question of also them getting the kiss of the Chinese ownership in wake of Xi Jinpings strategy of making China a football super power. In a sound world it is doomed to fail and I'm loving every moment of chinese ownership showing it's real face.

We had our fair share of that scare. Thank McGrath we got out of it in one piece.