Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Who cares whether or not liquidation is close … they’ve been mismanaged and they will now suffer the consequences … 

Their fans haven't mismanaged nothing and their the ones who will pay the highest cost. It was to long ago it was us being mismanaged into financial ruin, we was very very lucky.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Would be sad to see Inter Milan disappear, still have very fond memories of watching Serie A on channel 4 as a kid. 

Wish there was a love emoji for this!

I always thought he said Goallllll Lazio at the end. 

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure inter are that mismanaged, think they're another team with a Chinese owner who can't get his money out of China 

Unfortunately I think bastoni, skrinair, barella will all be beyond us, martinez definitley will be, I don't think they have much for us 

I know its one article but that Correa was lined up for Inter from Lazio. Maybe he could be looked at as he is very much a dribbling atttacking midfielder . Loving what i have watched of him so far . 

36 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Sooner or later the Quatar and Arab Emirates ownerships will fall as well. Praying for Newcastle that they don get the Saudis as owners.

It's going to take a while before that oil runs out. We won't live to see it.

31 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Who cares whether or not liquidation is close … they’ve been mismanaged and they will now suffer the consequences … 

Would you have said that if Wes ans Nas hadn't intervened?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Would you have said that if Wes ans Nas hadn't intervened?

Yeah. There but the grace of God... I would hate to see any club go out of business.

But going back to the dire situation some of these huge clubs find themselves in. We gave to use our current financial power to make the most of this opportunity. We could pick up some incredible talent on the cheap.

• Like 1

Watching the Sheffield United V Blues game, Berge does not look like the player I want in CM. 

He's relying on these powering runs into the edge of the box, a little like Yaya Toure, but he's slow and lumbering without the technical ability to change direction or hassle the opposition enough. His running is reminding me of Robert Pires at Villa running in treacle.

Maybe it's just the first game of the season rustiness but I haven't been impressed so far. Worse than McGinn at the hassling and running forward with the ball. But same as McGinn at his worst, runs into trouble and loses it.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

It's going to take a while before that oil runs out. We won't live to see it.

think it’s more a case of demand dropping. I read somewhere  that whilst global demand for oil is still rising, the expectation of demand falling in about 10 years time has now been changed to that drop off happening in around 5 years from now. I might be wrong on the times but it’s going to be heading in the right direction at some point. Possibly more relevant to more important issues than Man City but still. 

57 minutes ago, tinker said:

Their fans haven't mismanaged nothing and their the ones who will pay the highest cost. It was to long ago it was us being mismanaged into financial ruin, we was very very lucky.

Their fans have been living the life of champions leagues and world superstars based on mismanagement, and were enjoying every minute.

Seems the world didn’t learn from the Leeds lesson of many years ago.  

No sympathy from me.  These big clubs will always find a buyer, I wouldn’t worry.  Plenty of billionaires around to save any club worth its salt (as we found out)

Edited by Thug
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Fiorentina went out of business in the early 2000s?

Back to transfers I am still not sure we will be selling out a massive fee now. We might bring in a few but for the main i think we are done.

If we want to progress we need to.  I think bringing in Buendia, Bailey and Ings is amazing but we already had a CAM issue with Barkley and now we’ve lost a massive talent in Jack.  I think last season we were massively short for a European push in quality.  I have to believe we are serious about an European place push so I think a massive fee will go out for quality.  We have the money, we have the need and the market especially in Europe is struggling so it seems the perfect time to strike. 

• Like 1