Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

No worries mate it was faux rage :) I had this vision of a "head of Jeremy football" at Villa. He focuses 100% on Jeremy players. 

In my head this was hilarious stuff. I was rolling. Apologies for any confusion :) 

All good mate, it sounded confusing. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Outrageous. Australia is coming in and taking the head of our performance Jeremy and we are literally doing nothing to stop them.

Smalltime club. Down by Christmas.

Surely this shouldn't happen now, it's why we voted for Brexit! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Wesley 10x > Davis

At least Wesly scores now and again.

I dont think Davis is Championship striker let alone a premier league striker!

Yes and thats why we wont be challenging for the top 7 if he is backup

25 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well hopefully we'll find out next season if he's a Championship striker at least. I've a feeling he'll prove to be a damn good one, but it'll be nice to find out for once and for all. 

Even if he never makes it in the PL it would be fantastic if he scores a bundle in The Championship and we sell him for £10m or something. 

Its not his footballing ability I doubt, its just his nouse in the penalty box.

Guilbert put in a fantastic cross begging to be just tapped in with an arriving striker with their right foot, instead he twisted his body in a funny shape and tried to do some kind of diving finish with his prefered left foot and got it horribly wrong. 

Just dont think centre forward is his position, he might want to reconsider where he plays. Its strange becuase his physique doesnt really suit a wide forward position either, though he can be quite decent on the ball.

I can't see him hitting double figures for Stoke in 46 games, in fact I can't see him getting through a full season without some kind of knock either. If hes their first choice he'll probably manage 25-30 games and score about 5 goals

10 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Yes and thats why we wont be challenging for the top 7 if he is backup

People forget he had scored 6 goals in less than half a season when he got injured. He was very good in one on one situations (something that Davis really struggles with).

How many had Watkins scored at the same stage last season? Dont think the numbers were too different.

If hes fully fit I have confidence Wesley will be fine if called upon to cover Watkins here n there. In emergencies Traore and El Ghazi have the abilty to play up top as well.

Also you have to consider a quality striker costs a lot of money, do we really need that when Watkins is a superfit athlete who never seems to get injured?

Just now, supermon said:

Funny he never had that info before the Bailey news broke. Full of shit

Yeah, file under trash. Had a rb leaving imminently last week, and a medical booked etc. etc.

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

As posted in the Bailey thread. Obvious potential for obvious bullshit... But who knows

A6758B1A-953D-4B37-AB59-BC3053E2146D.jpeg

Defo full of shiz, he’s literally contradicting himself from…checks notes… yesterday when he said we were in for Bailey as ESR had fallen through. The insider stuff is a clever confuser but he’s the latest attention seeking strango 

Johan is obviously working hard on stuff in the background. As Dean said before the end of the season, a lot of work had already commenced on potential signings. I suspect the profile of player that we are now after will complicate and string out negotiations and we may face much greater competition. All of this will delay matters. We have to dig deep here people and trust the process. We have serious people in charge now.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Junxs said:

Wesley 10x > Davis

At least Wesly scores now and again.

I dont think Davis is Championship striker let alone a premier league striker!

Correct me if I'm wrong,  what you're saying that you would need 10 Wesley's to be better than 1 Davis  :detect::detect:.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Johan is obviously working hard on stuff in the background. As Dean said before the end of the season, a lot of work had already commenced on potential signings. I suspect the profile of player that we are now after will complicate and string out negotiations and we may face much greater competition. All of this will delay matters. We have to dig deep here people and trust the process. We have serious people in charge now.

Any chance finalising things has been delayed due to WE still being in a post Championship bender 🍺🍺🍺 ?