Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

We're definitely going to sign one more forward/winger.

We let Rashica move on without much of a battle for half the price we were willing to pay last season.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just one more until January.

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We let Rashica move on without much of a battle for half the price we were willing to pay last season.

I think we will bring in a CB that can play DM. Otherwise going into the season with 3 experienced CB’s is a risk.

Boubacar Kamara would still be my choice.

20 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Don’t forget Dean Smiths son’s mate. 😆

That was awesome! We were all saying “Douglas Luiz, no chance, what a load of BS” 😆 and he was the real deal. I suppose we’ve all just been hurt too many times in the past

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

CB is a must have and probably a keeper too.

Deano did say that they’d have a good look at the youth over pre-season to see who (if anyone) is ready to make the step up from the 23s, so there might not be any movement before Sevilla. After that we’ll see, but I reckon 3 or 4 will join before the window squeaks closed. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

CB is a must have and probably a keeper too.

Deano did say that they’d have a good look at the youth over pre-season to see who (if anyone) is ready to make the step up from the 23s, so there might not be any movement before Sevilla. After that we’ll see, but I reckon 3 or 4 will join before the window squeaks closed

You must be thinking of a different window. Jim White and his yellow tie assure me this window SLAMS SHUT

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

You must be thinking of a different window. Jim White and his yellow tie assure me this window SLAMS SHUT

Jim White and Danny Murphy, what IEDs were made for. Don’t mind Simon Jordan though, arrogant but speaks from experience/intelligence. 

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Rumours floating this morning that AEG could be off..thoughts?

Makes sense, at his max value this window and won’t be getting another contract. Scored some important goals for us but can’t take us forward from here. Also he’s only going if we’ve got a better player lined up. 

Here we go! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Rumours floating this morning that AEG could be off..thoughts?

I like AEG but we have to accept that our owners are trying to get to level that is above his ability and that can only be a good thing for the club

There will be casualties along the way including players like Trez, Davis, Conor, Steer, Hause for instance and further down the line players we

would think of as 1st team certainties at the moment. It's called progression and NSWE will make sure it happens and quickly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villaphil said:

Any chance finalising things has been delayed due to WE still being in a post Championship bender 🍺🍺🍺 ?

Is that you Jack?? 🤔

P.s. I recognised those sliders and socks from the Range Rover crashing incident.  Good job you didn't take the dressing gown to Mykonos as well!! 🤣

31 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

El Ghazi is a good squad player and proved his worth on more than one occassion last season. I would hope that he is the one pushing for a move as opposed to us looking to sell him on.

Just doesn't bring enough to the game for me.  He is the wing equivalent of CH - he will score a cracker and then go missing for 89 minutes.  I think we need more if we are to progress. 

I thought we might squeeze him in to the Buendia deal in a part-ex.  Would probably have been a decent option for Norwich and their survival battle.  He might aspire to better though with, say, a Roma.  I think the Italian game will suit him better - slower and more technical.  I can see him being a success out there. 🤞

• Like 3

Just now, barry'sboots said:

Just doesn't bring enough to the game for me.  He is the wing equivalent of CH - he will score a cracker and then go missing for 89 minutes.  I think we need more if we are to progress. 

For some reason, I didn't know what 'CH' referred to and the first name that came to mind was Charlton Heston.