Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I think people have to remember with Brad Young that he's hardly played any U23 football and only scored two goals at that level, friendlies aside I'm not sure he will be considered for the first team for a while yet, will probably have prove himself more at U23 level or go out on loan first. There's a massive difference between playing U18 football in the FA Youth Cup, and playing Premier League football.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

Any further news on Cantwell? I could see him being our backup option to ESR. 

Hope not. A squad player at best. We need another player at the same level to Buendia, which is why the links to Bailey are so exciting.

Unless of course it’s Cantwell and Bailey.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Who by? 14yo Ipswich fans? 

He seems a decent player and Norwich fans seem to think he works extremely well with Buendia. 

If we're interested (and thats a big 'if') then i'd trust the scouts. 

If we are interested I’d be questioning the scouts!

Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

• Like 1

2 hours ago, May-Z said:

He's a Heskey FM re-gen. If 442 was still the flavour of the month you would have his smaller, faster strike partner singing his praises. 

His debut against Norwich was so good that I've wanted him to be a success ever since...but success as a striker means goal output and he hasn't got that.

Surprising that people deride Traore and El Ghazi's goals and assists claiming they aren't good enough, goals aren't important etc are the same people who think that Davis isn't good enough because he doesn't score goals.

Success to some on here seems to be people who run around a lot making the overall team look good without actually doing anything of note unless they are Davis.

oop time for my meds

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Surprising that people deride Traore and El Ghazi's goals and assists claiming they aren't good enough, goals aren't important etc are the same people who think that Davis isn't good enough because he doesn't score goals.

Success to some on here seems to be people who run around a lot making the overall team look good without actually doing anything of note unless they are Davis.

The human mind apparently has a tendency to over generalise, and I think you're doing that here!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

For whatever reason looks like nothing is going to happen for a few weeks, easy to connect it with Grealish's contract, but could just as easily be something else. Seems to be taking a while to sign Iroegbunam and that can't have anything to do with Grealish.

Don't understand this, Useless. Why would Grealish's contract be effected in any way by Davis being here or not?

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

We do seem quite confident that Watkins will stay uninjured again for a whole season. Wesley still needs time, maybe they have Traore in mind too to backup if needed.

Watkins has never been injured before therefore he'll never be injured ever.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Surely everyone must know by now that Davis is not good enough for where we want to be.

He seems a nice guy, and I think he will do well enough in a lower league.

Nor is Wesley. In fact, he’s further behind Davis.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nor is Wesley. In fact, he’s further behind Davis.

Wes has scored more goals than Davis has in a shorter amount of time.

Not saying either is a good back up to Watkins, but the club clearly want to give Wes more time as they laid out a lot of dollars on him.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Wesley 10x > Davis

At least Wesly scores now and again.

I dont think Davis is Championship striker let alone a premier league striker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

As much as I like the guy Dan is not ITK at all. I'm not sure I've ever heard him say something that came true. The one time he really went all ITK and claimed it was happening was when Butland was meant to be our keeper. 

I watched the video. He's not claiming to be ITK just opinion. He says as much

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1