Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Bardell reckons we'll sign just one more attacking player and then a back up centre back who can maybe play midfield.

If that one signing is someone like Bailey then I can't be displeased at that, however I do seriously think we need a new defensive midfielder. An Ndidi, Rice, Phillips level player. I think it would take us to the next level and give players like Grealish, Bailey, Buendia more of a safety net to express themselves.

The Sanson signing is one that frustrates me. I hope he comes good but I just don't think we really need him. That money could have been put towards a top quality DM. 

I see Everton, Newcastle & West Ham are all interested in Barkley…

Did they not watch our games last season? 😆

Everton just signed Begovic, Townsend & Gray too…

Glad we are above those kinds of moves now, the opportunity is there to surpass and create distance from clubs like these, need to get the quality players in…

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Berge is like this summer's version of Billing.

Yeah, Billing has been linked with Atalanta and Napoli in the past....

Not even close to comparable. You'll find its another Gana situation where he was just playing in a dog turd of a team. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bardell reckons we'll sign just one more attacking player and then a back up centre back who can maybe play midfield.

If that one signing is someone like Bailey then I can't be displeased at that, however I do seriously think we need a new defensive midfielder. An Ndidi, Rice, Phillips level player. I think it would take us to the next level and give players like Grealish, Bailey, Buendia more of a safety net to express themselves.

The Sanson signing is one that frustrates me. I hope he comes good but I just don't think we really need him. That money could have been put towards a top quality DM. 

Kamara can play at both DM and CB… would like to see us make a move for him…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as I like the guy Dan is not ITK at all. I'm not sure I've ever heard him say something that came true. The one time he really went all ITK and claimed it was happening was when Butland was meant to be our keeper. 

• Like 3

Not sure what Billing being linked to other clubs has to do with anything, he's also currently being linked to Norwich. Also he's nowhere near as good as Gueye was he played for us, and Billing plays in a completely different postion to Gueye...Which in fact is another way in which Billing is similar to Berge, that is fans thinking that they're DMs just because they're tall and big built.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah, Billing has been linked with Atalanta and Napoli in the past....

Not even close to comparable. You'll find its another Gana situation where he was just playing in a dog turd of a team. 

Bournemouth is possibly above his level, I'm blind or I just can't see a player in him, dog awful and dirty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Not sure what Billing being linked to other clubs has to do with anything, he's also currently being linked to Norwich. Also he's nowhere near as good as Gueye was he played for us, and Billing plays in a completely different postion to Gueye...Which in fact is another way in which Billing is similar to Berge, that is fans thinking that they're DMs just because they're tall and big built.

I may have misread your post, but I was understanding it as saying Berge was this years' Billing, i.e a bang average player linked with everyone all summer. 

I was merely pointing out that Berge is not bang average in any way, unlike Billing...

I don't normally watch it but I watched the Villa View last night and Dan Bardell wasn't trying to be 'ITK' he was just giving his opinion on what he thinks will happen. I think he actually said at one point how no news regarding transfers gets out of the club at the moment, and even journalists can't find out what's happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Bournemouth is possibly above his level, I'm blind or I just can't see a player in him, dog awful and dirty. 

It was sarcasm mate, he's total dogshit. 

It is Berge who is linked with Atalanta and Napoli. 

Bailey and Alvarez for attack

Kamara for DM

That would be excellent

Then all we’d really need is a CB (a youngster or Cahill?) and a GK (I think we should just get Gazzaniga, Bettinelli seems poor…).

• Like 1

A lot of Sheffield United fans would say that Berge is average, he's one of those players that seems to be rated more by fans of other clubs than the fans of the team he plays for.

Just now, Steero113 said:

It was sarcasm mate, he's total dogshit. 

It is Berge who is linked with Atalanta and Napoli. 

Oh I know what you were saying, was agreeing with you. Berge is an interesting one, he will obviously look even better in a better team too.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I see Everton, Newcastle & West Ham are all interested in Barkley…

Did they not watch our games last season? 😆

Everton just signed Begovic, Townsend & Gray too…

Glad we are above those kinds of moves now, the opportunity is there to surpass and create distance from clubs like these, need to get the quality players in…

Barkley's chance creation stats were good last season. Literally in the top 10 of all players on fbref in terms of SCA90. Top 20 in terms of key passes per 90.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/gca/Premier-League-Stats

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/passing/Premier-League-Stats

Not saying the stats are a correct metric for his performance here, but I'd be surprised if not a single club out there was interested in him with these stats.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, useless said:

A lot of Sheffield United fans would say that Berge is average, he's one of those players that seems to be rated more by fans of other clubs than the fans of the team he plays for.

Interesting, I have two Belgian friends who support Genk and they rave about him. 

I can't help but think that Sheff. Utd fans would complain about anyone from that team last season to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Interesting, I have two Belgian friends who support Genk and they rave about him. 

I can't help but think that Sheff. Utd fans would complain about anyone from that team last season to be honest. 

They apparently rate Ramsdale quite highly. Probably the only fans who don't think 30m for him is ridiculous.