Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

I'd go as far as to say Davis and Wesley are both unproven in the Prem, one hasn't had enough minutes to make his mark and the other has been out injured for 18 months and hadn't had much time to make an impression before then. Difficult to put either of them into a neat little ability box in my opinion. I would say both have shown glimpses of ability and qualities that would make them effective at this level. 

As much as I like and rate Watkins, I'm not sure "top 6" fits him yet. He needs to learn to stay onside and be more lethal. If he took a few more convincing tumbles and hit the ball at the right moment he'd have been up there for golden boot imo. 

I can't see any of them being replaced this window and think the coaching staff have faith they will be enough for us to push on and I'm inclined to agree with them. 

So west ham finished sixth are you telling me Watkins wouldn’t be starting for them ? As thats classed as top six essentially and Keinan Davis has had more than enough time if you ask me ... get rid 

49 minutes ago, allani said:

Top 3 or 4 English strikers doesn't make him "top 6" level - especially as the teams that those players represent finished in 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th places respectively.  Unless you count Jamie Vardy but he's probably now on the downturn of his career so as much as I rate him, I haven't included him in the above.  I think Ollie was very impressive last season (especially as it was his first season at this level) but he's not (yet) in the top 5 or 6 strikers I have seen at Villa Park or the best 5 or 6 strikers in the PL.  He missed a few one-on-ones last season that you would expect a genuine "top 6" striker to bury with their eyes shut.  I want to see him sort that out before I count him as a "top class" striker.  However, I genuinely hope that with Jack and Emi providing him through balls to chase rather than long balls down the channels that he will score more this season.  If Man City were to buy Ollie now they would be buying potential not the end product which I guess was my point.  Hopefully this season (and next) he makes that step up because if he is banging in 20 odd goals in front of Jack, Emi, Bertie and ANO then we will be having a great season.

If he switches to taking penalties, his supply improves (Emi, full season Jack, +ANO) and he improves his chance conversion rate (hits fewer posts, holds his run by 6 inches etc) he’ll be hoping / expecting 25+ ??

1 hour ago, bcarpet said:

I really think he will hit 20 goals this season.  I've got no basis what so ever for that other than gut instinct, but I think he is going to really kick on again this year

I believe he will hit 16/17 goals next season with the players behind him🔥

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen some of mine??

I remember the one about some young kid called Jack that was going to be a superstar. 

You do yourself a disservice. 

5 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm sure Charlton Heston scored a few crackers and went missing thereafter!!  Or maybe, he just liked monkeys?? 🤔

I meant Hourihane.

If Charlton Hesten was due to take a penalty and Roy Keane tried to take it off him, he would tell Roy Keane he would have to take the ball out of his cold, dead hands. 

8 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i miss mysteryman. used to post on here now and then. i think he's the only genuine ITK i've seen

hairyhands and the decent into weirdness of Lambo, thetrees watching Ole's plane. 

memorable times. we had some fun as fans. so happy where we are now though, we just seem more focused .

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

hairyhands and the decent into weirdness of Lambo, thetrees watching Ole's plane. 

memorable times. we had some fun as fans. so happy where we are now though, we just seem more focused .

Agree. Much more focused on fish puns and Kenneths.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I remember the one about some young kid called Jack that was going to be a superstar. 

You do yourself a disservice. 

Poor old SGC, in that very same legendary post he went and compared Jack to a sex offender 😅

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Enda said:

Poor old SGC, in that very same legendary post he went and compared Jack to a sex offender 😅

If memory serves he said he’d be a much better player. And he was spot on . 

Just now, Creeper said:

image.png.9e4e50286ddebb9d97f1478702348300.png

Know some people aren't keen on this Whispers account. But he's said we're after Dan James. I'd like him personally. Would add some much needed pace. 

I saw that. I really hope it’s not true. The kid has no football brain in my opinion. Bailey is twice the player James will ever be!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Know some people aren't keen on this Whispers account. But he's said we're after Dan James. I'd like him personally. Would add some much needed pace. 

Screaming Homer Simpson GIF

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Deffo no expert myself, but don’t they play on opposite sides of the pitch? Might be wrong.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

I saw that. I really hope it’s not true. The kid has no football brain in my opinion. Bailey is twice the player James will ever be!

Agreed on that. Would much prefer Bailey. Just hope that Dortmund don't go for Bailey with Sancho off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creeper said:

Agreed on that. Would much prefer Bailey. Just hope that Dortmund don't go for Bailey with Sancho off.

Dortmund are signing Malen, maybe he’s the replacement ?