Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I'm not forgetting about 'CAM', I think some seem to be getting 'CAM' and 'No.10' mixed up, we aren't always going to play with a No.10, sometimes we will play with two No.8s and the likes of McGinnMcGInn, Ramsey, Sanson, and maybe Chukwuemeka will be charged with providing our attacking threa from midfield.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if we played with two No.8s rather than a No.10 more often than not, and if there's any truth to the Ward Prowse or Sarr links then that would certainly indicate that.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I like the 'idea' of Dele Alli, if he could recapture that form 16-17 season (crikey that long). As a sort of raumdeuter behind Ollie. A rose between two roses of Grealish and Buendia. Then two from the hardworking, energetic (with a dash of guile) midfield trio of Sanson, Luiz and McGinn.

Now comes the slap of reality. Levy, of course (£££). Attitude and our fingers being well and truly burnt with previous out of favor prodigal son projects. What the hell am I thinking.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
cannot count

I was a big fan of Deli when he was at the Dons, but having watched his decline at Spurs I'm now not so sure.

I have to declare an interest. His girlfriend (Ruby Mae) is someone who I've met and worked with when my photographer daughter in law used her as a key model on fashion shoots (I did the lighting and steamed the outfits that she modelled (lol)).

Dele and Ruby have just split up and she recently said that his addiction to computer games made him a "boring" person.

Adding that to the adverse 'Mourinho documentary' comments, would  set off warning bells if we were to be interested in him now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely think this could work.

Also saves us money.

In what seems the inevitable event of Guibert leaving.

I’m saying it because I believe it would work too. He’s an Elmo in the making.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You seem to be forgetting about CAM as well. When you realise that you only have 4 guys who primary positions will be in those areas and are adults and not injured. We suddenly look very thin for the position behind Ollie. Remember last season we started with 5 and at points we ended up with only 2 players. 

Looooooong time to go in this window.  Don't think we are nearly done yet.

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Oh god. The rake is back. I would be blissfully unaware of this if folk didn't quote the bollix.

Think how annoyed these people must be at Villa's success.

I love it.

56 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If we complete the signing of Alvarez, what would be remaining for us to do to have had a perfect window: do we need another centre half considering Engels has now gone? Realistically, would that be it?

Signing Buendia, Young and Alvarez and a CB would be a perfect window for you?  I think that would be a disappointing window for me.

Signing Buendia is amazing but we need more.  There was mention of a couple of big signings and I wouldnt put Alvarez in that category.  If for example we signed Buendia, ESR, Young and Alvarez then we are cooking on a high heat but a perfect window you'd be wanting that plus a top notch DCM and then at least another centre back in some form.

For me we have signed 1 big signing so far, a very good window we need 2 big signings and for a fantastic window 3+ big signings

When I say big signings it doesnt have to be monetary value but players that will replace or competitively compete/be an alternative to current first team.  Alvarez from what I've read and seen would be bordering on that but he would take a long time to settle and the high pace of the PL will take time to adapt.  He would be one for the future.

• Like 1

What a fake but hilarious transfer saga this whole Rashica business turned out to be. Doubt, in the end, we were ever in for him. Always had our eyes on superior players. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Signing Buendia, Young and Alvarez and a CB would be a perfect window for you?  I think that would be a disappointing window for me.

Signing Buendia is amazing but we need more.  There was mention of a couple of big signings and I wouldnt put Alvarez in that category.  If for example we signed Buendia, ESR, Young and Alvarez then we are cooking on a high heat but a perfect window you'd be wanting that plus a top notch DCM and then at least another centre back in some form.

For me we have signed 1 big signing so far, a very good window we need 2 big signings and for a fantastic window 3+ big signings

When I say big signings it doesnt have to be monetary value but players that will replace or competitively compete/be an alternative to current first team.  Alvarez from what I've read and seen would be bordering on that but he would take a long time to settle and the high pace of the PL will take time to adapt.  He would be one for the future.

I agree mostly with this. For me we desperately need a DM and then either a Starting LW or CAM I prefer LW you prefer CAM. But I think we mostly agree on what the team needs just differing on where Jack should play. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

What a fake but hilarious transfer saga this whole Rashica business turned out to be. Doubt, in the end, we were ever in for him. Always had our eyes on superior players. 

We could definitely have been in for him. Just because a transfer doesn't materialise doesn't mean we didn't enquire, bid or even agree personal terms. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Norwich/Rashica :) 

Good luck to both club and player!

(you are gonna need it)

I thought he wasn’t interested in being in another relegation battle?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3