Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Signing Buendia, Young and Alvarez and a CB would be a perfect window for you?  I think that would be a disappointing window for me.

Signing Buendia is amazing but we need more.  There was mention of a couple of big signings and I wouldnt put Alvarez in that category.  If for example we signed Buendia, ESR, Young and Alvarez then we are cooking on a high heat but a perfect window you'd be wanting that plus a top notch DCM and then at least another centre back in some form.

For me we have signed 1 big signing so far, a very good window we need 2 big signings and for a fantastic window 3+ big signings

When I say big signings it doesnt have to be monetary value but players that will replace or competitively compete/be an alternative to current first team.  Alvarez from what I've read and seen would be bordering on that but he would take a long time to settle and the high pace of the PL will take time to adapt.  He would be one for the future.

Bad drafting on my part: I was posing the question, rather than stating my opinion. Apologies. 

Fwiw, I do like to temper my expectations, but I'd be disappointed if we didn't land another centre half as back up to Konsa. And all this talk of JWP has got me very excited. 

Other notes: I'm hopeful that Chukwuemeka will get some time next season, but worried about Wesley...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We could definitely have been in for him. Just because a transfer doesn't materialise doesn't mean we didn't enquire, bid or even agree personal terms. 

No, no, no…..we can’t have been in for him in a proper sense, only to sign Traore for £16m and then Beundia for £33m for Rashica to be available at £10m. (But he’s have been more £15m+ for Villa).

If we can sign Alvarez and Pape Matar Sarr we will be in a position to slowly introduce them to the first team and not need to thrust them in from the off while they get used to the English game. ESR would be the icing on the cake but I think a stretch too far this summer. 

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

If we can sign Alvarez and Pape Matar Sarr we will be in a position to slowly introduce them to the first team and not need to thrust them in from the off while they get used to the English game. ESR would be the icing on the cake but I think a stretch too far this summer. 

Completely agree. Both £50m+ players if transitioned properly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Looks like Saliba is not part of Arsenal's plans for the upcoming season. Might be a good option for us. Wonder what Arsenal's asking price would be?

I think he wants to play, which isn't something we'd be able to really offer him. No point changing one club for another when your game time isn't likely to be much different. 

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Oh god. The rake is back. I would be blissfully unaware of this if folk didn't quote the bollix.

I noticed it this morning.

It's that time of year when certain posters emerge from under their rocks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Looks like Saliba is not part of Arsenal's plans for the upcoming season. Might be a good option for us. Wonder what Arsenal's asking price would be?

What came of the French Football investigation into him 🙄

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

We've discussed the guy for 2 years, can we move it to the Norwich thread?

Too late.

A Mod broke the land speed record in locking the Rashica one.

However, the Norwich thread will be interesting. ;)

52 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I noticed it this morning.

It's that time of year when certain posters emerge from under their rocks.

Huh?

What have I said that annoys you so much?

LOL Rashica.

Can't wait to hear the Holte End give him an earful. 

I never disliked Norwich, but after the Buendia business and now that they signed The Rash, I will actively root for their relegation.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

LOL Rashica.

Can't wait to hear the Holte End give him an earful. 

I never disliked Norwich, but after the Buendia business and now that they signed The Rash, I will actively root for their relegation.

I hope they stay in the PL, those 6 points a season could be really handy.

20 minutes ago, rayk said:

Huh?

What have I said that annoys you so much?

I never said you had.

Just VT see's an influx of posters that only appear at this time of year bit absent the rest.

If I remember rightly, you were posting relentlessly around this time last year then disappeared for a year.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I never said you had.

Just VT see's an influx of posters that only appear at this time of year bit absent the rest.

If I remember rightly, you were posting relentlessly around this time last year then disappeared for a year.

I still remember the epiphany moment when I realised he wasn’t Rake but was Ray K … 🤯  @rayk

Edited by alreadyexists