Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

See I think the money is about right.  He's a young, very talented player that now has a season-ish under his belt.  If he continues to progress you can easily see him being worth 60m, 80m, 100m (given how transfer fees keep increasing) in a couple of years time.  £32.5m or even a few more million higher you are paying for potential, paying how young he is, and how he's done so far.  if you add all those bits together plus getting from a big team you can see his price in the same bracket as Buendia's.

Yeah id agree the money is about right too he wouldn’t be sold for less than that amount id imagine 

On 04/02/2021 at 15:45, DCJonah said:

I'm quite excited to see how we continue to build. 

I trust our approach, I think we'll spend money and I think we're an attractive option. 

Another season in the league is really going to help us push on. 

I think we still need improvement in midfield and out wide. 

Up front is a tricky one. We spent too much on Wes to just throw him to the side and we don't want to stop Barry having a route to the first team. 

I think the penny is finally dropping outside of B6 now.

This project has legs and it is being viewed as such.

Jack is central to it all too, so why we are having to endure the constant speculation of him moving on is desperate from them.

We kind of overpaid for Beundia but if we can bring Alvarez through at £15m I think we’ve got ourselves a bargain.

Maybe Martinez brought in Beundia and both of them persuaded Alvarez to choose Villa over Ajax.

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

We kind of overpaid for Beundia but if we can bring Alvarez through at £15m I think we’ve got ourselves a bargain.

Maybe Martinez brought in Beundia and both of them persuaded Alvarez to choose Villa over Ajax.

I personally feel like we robbed Norwich at 34m. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

I love Jack but Martinez is starting to be outstanding on and off the field.  Goalkeeper, South American Social Media and Recruitment Consultant

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rayk said:

Established player, PL experience, a few years in England already vs youngster from South America - price differential seems about right to me.

My only issue with some of these " signings " is that they all seem to be tiny, and almost guaranteed their skill graphic has " Weakness: Aerial duels " lol.

Our new tactics must revolve around centre of gravity.

Although, if you've got enough skill, size is less of a factor.

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Last year Targett improved as a 24 year old. This year Traore is a year and 12 days older than when Targett improved. 

For me both players have their flaws. Targett's lack of athleticism and Traore's poor decision making.

Like I said Traore can certainly improve but it won't be as drastic as Targett. That kind of thing doesn't happen often. But if Traore does improve drastically, it will certainly be down to something similar to to Targett. A change in his role to negate his weaknesses and play more to his strengths. However I can't see it.

Luiz, Konsa , Elghazi also improved drastically it’s what we do here at Villa improve players Grealish has also improved under Smith

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I personally feel like we robbed Norwich at 34m. 

Really. So a player totally unproven in the Prem  (remember just one goal, a few assists) is worth 1/3 of what we would expect from Jack?

Emile Smith Rowe is by miles the better prospect - proven in the Prem, younger etc- and would cost us not much too far north of Beundia should Arsenal wish to sell.

Make no mistake about it, we overpaid for Beundia. Base of £33m this season vs £27m for Benrahma last season…..and I’d still rather have Benrahma tbo.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

I’m not going to get too excited by this until there’s something a little more concrete, because I suspect it’s just more Twitter BS.

Maybe, but it is written in Spanish this time so it changes everything.

• Haha 1