Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

If he does alright we’ll just sign him next season 😆

Looks like a really good deal for them and should go some way to helping fill the void left by Buendia, different kind of player though. I suspect they will try to sign 2-3 to do that as he was their most crucial player.

Good to see we’ve moved on to bigger and better tbf.

Good luck to them.....Decent club Norwich.....and a good club to be friends with.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If we complete the signing of Alvarez, what would be remaining for us to do to have had a perfect window: do we need another centre half considering Engels has now gone? Realistically, would that be it?

Cheeky bid for Cristian Romero or Lisandro Martínez to complete the set and have 4 Argentinian musketeers?

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If he does alright we’ll just sign him next season 😆

Looks like a really good deal for them and should go some way to helping fill the void left by Buendia, different kind of player though. I suspect they will try to sign 2-3 to do that as he was their most crucial player.

Good to see we’ve moved on to bigger and better tbf.

Very interested to see how he fits into the Premier League. I think he'll be a really good signing for them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Very interested to see how he fits into the Premier League. I think he'll be a really good signing for them.

If he does well he’ll have suitors, probably sees them as a stepping stone…

9 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

If we complete the signing of Alvarez, what would be remaining for us to do to have had a perfect window: do we need another centre half considering Engels has now gone? Realistically, would that be it?

Probably a 3rd keeper and another Central Midfielder. On top of the extra CB. Aside from that maybe a true LW could he useful. But pretty much it. 

Just now, Okonokos said:

One thing is absolutely 1000000% guaranteed - He will score against us next season 😂

Fine with this. 

As long as Buendia scores 2 against them in the same match. :D 

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

One thing is absolutely 1000000% guaranteed - He will score against us next season 😂

🤣

Tbh, I’m quite saddened we didn’t end up with him after all the fuss 🤣

I’m sure we’re looking  at a higher calibre of player now. Buendia will be class for us 👌

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Cheeky bid for Cristian Romero or Lisandro Martínez to complete the set and have 4 Argentinian musketeers?

I can see us going in for a young, English-speaking CB as backup for Konsa. Chris Mepham, perhaps? Coaching team clearly values good comms at the back.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

22 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Alvarez isnt confirmed......although fingers crossed and if we did get him thats cool.

AEG & Trez are terrible, and we probably wont really see Trez this season similar to what happened with Wesley.

JBP i agree, hopefully he can develop.

But ye, im not overly concerned, i would just be gutted if he turned out to be class for only 10m......

Trez is terrible. AEG was a bargain at the time.

I actually don’t think the problem is with Rashica…..I think it was his agent doing all the unnecessary talking.

We've already got Grealish, Traore, Buendia, Young, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Philogene-Bidace as wingers, even if you account for Trezeguet being injured and presume that Young is going to play as a fullback that's still more than enough wingers and doesn't even take into consideration the possible signing of Alvarez.

4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Trez is an example of the guts and tenacity that every new Villa signing needs.

But ultimately without enough talent needed for the Prem.

To think some people were talking about him being miles ahead of AEG was just laughable.

1 minute ago, useless said:

We've already got Grealish, Traore, Buendia, Young, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, and Philogene-Bidace as wingers, even if you account for Trezeguet being injured and presume that Young is going to play as a fullback that's still more than enough wingers and doesn't even take into consideration the possible signing of Alvarez.

You seem to be forgetting about CAM as well. When you realise that you only have 4 guys who primary positions will be in those areas and are adults and not injured. We suddenly look very thin for the position behind Ollie. Remember last season we started with 5 and at points we ended up with only 2 players.