Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i mean, this isnt a comment on Buendia, Buendia is class.

I just mean for 10m why wouldnt we consider him as a squad option.

Because we have AEG, Traore, Trez, JBP……

Alvarez can properly play up front.

if we are considering selling Jack then yea £10m is worth a punt….but it’s £10m for Norwich and £20m for Villa.

Rashica is a good signing for Norwich: however, we're now beyond him and them tbh. I don't mean this to be disrespectful, it is just clear that the board and coaching team are looking towards the top 8-10 clubs in the PL, rather than the bottom half. Sometimes, the speed with which we're building makes people forget this progress. 

Plus, on Rashica, his stock has tumbled following Werder's poor showings last season, managerial changes at Werder will have changed his role in the team, he's a year older, and he still hasn't played in the PL. 

Just now, rayk said:

if we are considering selling Jack then yea £10m is worth a punt….but it’s £10m for Norwich and £20m for Villa.

Alvarez isnt confirmed......although fingers crossed and if we did get him thats cool.

AEG & Trez are terrible, and we probably wont really see Trez this season similar to what happened with Wesley.

JBP i agree, hopefully he can develop.

But ye, im not overly concerned, i would just be gutted if he turned out to be class for only 10m......

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Sander Berge @ 6.5  makes sense from that POV as a target… Also with improvements in plyometric training and fitness height is less of an issue (though obviously helps) in terms of aerial ability. Just remember Alan Wright - legend 

He was, but I still remember him getting mullered at the far post by Ian Marshall during one game at Filbert St......and there was nothing he could have done about it.....its something teams like Burnley, focus on.

6 minutes ago, rayk said:

No we are not.....its just journo's who can't come to terms with our building project.

7 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Don't present logic or actual evidence to him its a total waste of time. 

The guy is prime troll. 

Why am I a troll? Just because I make a comment you disagree with??

Just now, Jas10 said:

Oh My God Reaction GIF

well we will see what he's like.

I hope someone greets him at Villa Park ,with......" This is what you could have won"

1 minute ago, TRO said:

No we are not.....its just journo's who can't come to terms with our building project.

I hope so, I really do. I would ask the question how we feel about our signings if we do sell Jack. Will they be enough?

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

Didnt he just have 1 year left on his contract? Probably could have signed him for a similar amount if we had gone for him.

Just now, rayk said:

Why am I a troll? Just because I make a comment you disagree with??

I understand that this is an opinion forum, but it comes across as trolling because a large proportion of your comments fly directly in the face of all available evidence when you try to substantiate your claims. Said comments are then backed up by very sporadic use of logic. 

I apologise of course if that's not your intention, but it comes across as trolling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

well we will see what he's like.

I hope someone greets him at Villa Park ,with......" This is what you could have won"

If he does alright we’ll just sign him next season 😆

Looks like a really good deal for them and should go some way to helping fill the void left by Buendia, different kind of player though. I suspect they will try to sign 2-3 to do that as he was their most crucial player.

Good to see we’ve moved on to bigger and better tbf.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

Luiz, Konsa , Elghazi also improved drastically it’s what we do here at Villa improve players Grealish has also improved under Smith

I clearly said I expect Traore to improve. Just not as much as Targett. Of the 25 man squad who improved over the space of a season as much as Targett? You have picked a number of players that improved. But just as many haven't improved. It's not realistic to expect every player to improve to the point they become our player of the year.