Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

ITK or being reported? Interesting!

Just did some googling, what I saw is, West Ham and Man U interested?

Says Bayern looking to sell.

I actually know nothing about him.

Corentin Tolisso has endured a mixed career at Bayern until now. After enjoying a tremendous debut campaign, he has been unfortunate with injuries. The Frenchman has not got back to his best since the serious knee injury he suffered in 2018. Since the German club is showing no interest in contract renewal talks, Tolisso’s days in Bavaria are numbered.

Bayern Munich: West Ham join the race for Corentin Tolisso (bayernstrikes.com)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just did some googling, what I saw is, West Ham and Man U interested?

Says Bayern looking to sell.

I actually know nothing about him.

Yeah same, I saw Arsenal as well, so hoping it was ITK

I like Anwar, he crops up with lots of important goals and is a good squad member. But if we can sell him for £17m and get in a replacement who is an upgrade or is of the same level now but younger and with a higher ceiling, then why wouldn't we?

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I like Anwar, he crops up with lots of important goals and is a good squad member. But if we can sell him for £17m and get in a replacement who is an upgrade or is of the same level now but younger and with a higher ceiling, then why wouldn't we?

Spot on. Sell AEG. Sign Alvarez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Too good to be true I think. I actually don't mind AEG, but I don't think he's worth that type of money. 

11 goals last year. In this market he's worth 17m.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Hearing that the AEG rumours for 17m has legs...Mourinho is keen

REally, where from? The only stuff in Italian I can find abotu it all quote the football insider article from a while ago. Can't see anything new or anything from the Roma side at all.

I really don't see the point in selling El Ghazy right now, definitely not unless there's a surprise replacement ready to be announced like the Ings deal. Trezeguet is sidelined, Buendia missed the last 2 friendlies, Bailey is in isolation and hasn't even trained with the team and our starting left sided player has just swanned off to City. If you sell El Ghazy now who is there as a viable wide option? As much as people might not like it, he's needed right now.

Also I know Philogene-Bidace has had a very good pre season and he's the one people would probably suggest ahead of El Ghazy, but it's very different performing in the Premier League to friendlies. What happens if he's chucked in with no alternatives if he isn't playing well? You negatively affect the team and his confidence. 

I know I'm in the minority on this thread, but £17m or not, I don't see the benefit to selling Anwar, especially not imminently.

• Like 4

Can't really see Roma affording El Ghazi now that they are spending £34m on Tammy but. Not sure how much they get from selling Dzeko to Inter but not that much I imagine.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

I know I'm in the minority on this thread, but £17m or not, I don't see the benefit to selling Anwar, especially not imminently.

I wouldn’t sell without a replacement m coming in first this late in the window, far too risky. Replacement first in is a must otherwise I fear it will backfire. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

Everyone talks about replacing Grealish but wont anybody spare a thought for poor Ross Barkley. I realise he didnt do much but I'd say he still needs replacing in the team/squad for next year. As it is we look like starting with either Carney or J Ramsey in that position on Saturday. That should tell everyone that we need more strength in that area for the season ahead. 

I think you’ve misunderstood the concept of replace... 

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

I wouldn’t sell without a replacement m coming in first this late in the window, far too risky. Replacement first in is a must otherwise I fear it will backfire. 

JPB and Traore are enough cover for who we plan on playing out wide. No need to stockpile players. Get rid if an offer comes in for him.