Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

REally, where from? The only stuff in Italian I can find abotu it all quote the football insider article from a while ago. Can't see anything new or anything from the Roma side at all.

A close family member works for a company close to mendes..very close to mendes..and not football related but sports in general..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

A close family member works for a company close to mendes..very close to mendes..and not football related but sports in general..

A close family member of yours is **** Mendes? Fair.Ā 

Smith: "Watkins hasn't played wide for couple of years. I didn't bring him in to play there. He scored 26 goals for Brentford playing as a centre-forward in the Championship & came to us & got 16 goals also as a centre-forward - so no, I don't envisage him out there."

Good. And so he shouldn't be. Let him fight it out with Ings for the forward spot and bring in a quality left sided forward.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Not sure if this has been shared but it's a pretty good description of Anguissa and exactly why I want us to sign him.

He's effectively a defensive midfielder but could also play in central midfield next to another player allowing them to push forward.

I would be all over this if we are unable to go for Bissouma who I imagine is out of our reach.

Ā 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

See I wouldnt want Cantwell, I just dont think that much of him.Ā  I have no issue with AEG leaving but to upgrade (although slightly different position) and sell AEG for 17m and buy Cantwell for 30-40m just seems a waste of money for somebody that isnt that much better.

Agreed. Also JPB > Cantwell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Smith: "Watkins hasn't played wide for couple of years. I didn't bring him in to play there. He scored 26 goals for Brentford playing as a centre-forward in the Championship & came to us & got 16 goals also as a centre-forward - so no, I don't envisage him out there."

Good. And so he shouldn't be. Let him fight it out with Ings for the forward spot and bring in a quality left sided forward.

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I feel we jump the gun a bit with the kids based on a few friendly performances against only weak opposition. I think JPB needs a loan. Cantwell is ready.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think people are getting too caught up in the JPB hype here. The guy barely has any minutes of senior PL football, it's way too soon to compare him to players who have been somewhat successful in this league.Ā 

Reminded of last season when people wanted to ship Guilbert out because they thought he'd only get in the way of Kesler's progress next season. When right now he's on loan at a league 2 team, still a bit away from making our first team.

Just, temper your expectations for players who've basically haven't even played any senior football.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I think people are getting too caught up in the JPB hype here. The guy barely has any minutes of senior PL football, it's way too soon to compare him to players who have been somewhat successful in this league.Ā 

There needs to be absolutely no pressure on JPB or Carney this season and at no point should they be relied upon to win us games or even really start games. Ideally, they'd both be out on loan playing 40 games of senior football in the Championship but we're not in a position to do that.

Ā 

41 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Just poking the ol beast againĀ 

giphy.gif?cid=5e21488678rgzbokdlxpkqsl84

Life hack.

If you're walking your dog and it gets grabbed nastily by a vicious dog that will not let go for love or money, this is how you save your dog. That's a serious tip.

Back OT, sign Anguisa and JWP and we are done. Sell AEG.

On 10/08/2021 at 13:37, Thug said:

You really believe this?

Everyone was giving Jim White a really hard time about saying the Grealish deal was done ages ago.

But letā€™s face it. Ā It probably was.

Ā 

Soz!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Spot on. Sell AEG. Sign Alvarez.Ā 

Hasnā€™t the Alvarez link gone quiet though?Ā 
Ā 

itā€™s all well and good saying weā€™d break Romaā€™s arm for 17 million forĀ El Ghazi. Although that gets you very little these days. Unless we unearth a Leicester type gem, although what are the actual chances of that.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Madness!!! I would love to see them buy Ramsdale for more than they sold EmiĀ šŸ¤£

I think it will be. Rumoured at 24m + 6m in add ons. I'm sure there is a worse one but they must be up there with the worst run clubs in the country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think it will be. Rumoured at 24m + 6m in add ons. I'm sure there is a worse one but they must be up there with the worst run clubs in the country.

I think Everton are giving them a run for their money. They have spent 500m in the last 5 years and have virtually nothing to show for it, (DCL and Richy aside) other than an ex Liverpool manager and a heap of over paid players they can't offload. Brings back nasty memories for most Villa fansĀ 

• Like 2