Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

40 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I would say he is definitely what we are after. I would say that Doucoure also looks very good and would be cheaper (but less experienced and never played in the UK). Doucoure is precisely the kind of player I expected our recruitment team to pick up - lesser known younger players with higher ceiling on ability and talent. He looks like he could be the £30-60m player of the future rather than Anguissa being the finished article and not too much value growth?

However as we have the money Anguissa is less risky? Can we have both please?

I think it will be Anguissa.(if anyone) Apart from Bailey we seem keen on players with PL experience this time around.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The likes of Doucoure, Mate Sarr etc scream Rob MCKenzie.

The likes of Cantwell and JWP screams Deano.

Not necessarily! Just an assumption there mate, the stat guys might be saying JWP is worth the extra coin re his set pieces etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Not necessarily! Just an assumption there mate, the stat guys might be saying JWP is worth the extra coin re his set pieces etc

Yeah, edited to add IMO.

Also note JWP is more of a no brainer no matter who to be fair.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Totally agree. £40m on these 2 is much better than a similar amount for JWP.

Yep, I don't want JWP. I would like a good free kick taker but not at the expense of getting just a 'good' player. I don't think JWP would add anything to Villa other than set pieces. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's all been said of course, but I'm at my lowest ebb with Villa since *that* disgraceful season. We were on the very cusp of excellence with absolutely everything in place including the manager and captain as Villa fans! What glory it could have been. Now? JWP, Todd Cantwell, some midfielder they've barely heard of in the league he plies his trade.... who cares anymore.

This is either top tier sarcasm or you need shit tonnes of medical help very quickly

• Like 1

Think a lot of clubs will be trying their luck with fees as we are know even more cash rich and think they will be alot of activity last week of the window when they realise we aren’t to be messed with and won’t be held to ransom… 

Edited by thabucks

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It's all been said of course, but I'm at my lowest ebb with Villa since *that* disgraceful season. We were on the very cusp of excellence with absolutely everything in place including the manager and captain as Villa fans! What glory it could have been. Now? JWP, Todd Cantwell, some midfielder they've barely heard of in the league he plies his trade.... who cares anymore.

You are joking of course!! You can't be serious.I can't think a single Villa fan would agree with any of that!!

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The likes of Doucoure, Pape Sarr etc scream Rob MCKenzie.

The likes of Cantwell and JWP screams Deano.

IMO.

For the sake of balance we should take a JWP and a Doucoure, please. They can replace whoever they perform better than in training, or sit on the bench if they don’t. Either way it’s quality competition in the middle that we need. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spurs will definitely have pull, but I think we can edge it, based on the " feel " around the club.

Problem is, who get's dropped for JWP?

I also genuinely don't know who plays CM for Spurs, aside from Ndombele.

I honestly think McGinn is at risk.

The only way we are going to improve is by upping the quality of what we have. Midfield was weak last season. Anguissa is an upgrade on Nakamba/Luiz and JWP would be an upgrade on McGinn for me. Theres room for all in a squad though.

I'd happiliy see a midfield 3 of Buendia, JWP and Anguissa.

I also think we will look up upgrade Mings at some point. He's a great stopper, but the next step would be someone comfortable on the ball, the ability to bring it out with confidence and with a better passing range.

Edited by thunderball

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

You guys are seriously underrating how good JWP is...  Sick of hearing that he's an average midfielder who is just good at free kicks...  He's not Hourihane.

Agreed he's a very good player.

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

You guys are seriously underrating how good JWP is...  Sick of hearing that he's an average midfielder who is just good at free kicks...  He's not Hourihane.

Maybe I am missing something with him but aside from set pieces I don't recall seeing anything from JWP that I don't think McGinn, Luiz or hopefully Sanson can offer

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

I honestly think McGinn is at risk.

The only way we are going to improve is by upping the quality of what we have. Midfield was weak last season. Anguissa is an upgrade on Nakamba/Luiz and JWP would be an upgrade on McGinn for me. Theres room for all in a squad though.

I also think we will look up upgrade Mings at some point. He's a great stopper, but the next step would be someone comfortable on the ball, the ability to bring it out with confidence and with a better passing range.

Re: McGinn, based on quotes I just read in a recent interview, acknowledges and admits this himself.

Re: Mings, although his brainfarts drive me nuts at times, he is genuinely the least of my worries currently. not sure what you mean about his range of passing because Mings, Pings! ( Bars! ). He is decent with ball at feet as well IMO.

The dream is someone with Mings size, and Konsas composure and footballing intelligence to be fair.

• Like 1