Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

Just now, villaglint said:

I'm saying I think we still need need an attacking midfielder before the transfer window closes. A lot of people on here saying the same. I don't see the joke? 

You said the name Barkley--like a red rag to a Bull.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thug said:

I honestly think our starting line up will be 

Ings—Watkins—Bailey 

much more narrow than before.

I think we’re going to sacrifice the winger set up and play much narrower.

Agree with this. To me it looks as though we will mirror the Liverpool system. However, having Buendia in CM or 10 will really increase the workload for our other 2 CMs, hence, another dedicated CDM I am sure will come in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Agree with this. To me it looks as though we will mirror the Liverpool system. However, having Buendia in CM or 10 will really increase the workload for our other 2 CMs, hence, another dedicated CDM I am sure will come in. 

Buendia works harder defensively than anyone who played “10” for us last season

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'm saying I think we still need need an attacking midfielder before the transfer window closes. A lot of people on here saying the same. I don't see the joke? 

Either of those 2 kids would be a considerable upgrade on Barkley. For what it's worth I think Emi2 is that player anyway. There's no chance Ings Emi2 and Bailey haven't been bought in as starters + Ollie is a starter.

We have Sanson, SJM, Luiz and Marv and as most people are rightly saying a top class DM/CM is needed.

Unless we start moving players on we cannot keep adding and giving the likes of Chuk, the Ramseys and JPB no where to go.

We've reached squad balancing act levels now and many more now may be counter productive. 

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, eholm said:

11 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Buendia works harder defensively than anyone who played “10” for us last season

Yeah not sure why you would think that eholm, buendia works as hard as watkins in terms of pressing and hustling.

The work rate of ings, watkins and bunedia will make a huge difference I think.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Some folks are very sensitive mate. You're absolutely right, we've yet to demonstrate that the 10 position is filled.

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Buendia, Ings and Bailey replace Barkley, Jack and Trez in squad terms 

• Like 1

All I want now, is someone who won't shit themselves when we're under a bit of pressure and want the ball in midfield. 

Just someone who can hold up play in midfield, find a villa shirt and just rotate play. 

Is it so hard to get Xavi/Busquets clones? 

I think we lose the ball in CM more than any other area of the pitch, and it's dangerous. Hopefully Sanson can be that classy, assured player (a bit like Barry was in his pomp).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Genuinely forgetting that he played for us. After such an initial excitement was do disappointing for us. I presume he has had no takers for this season?

I agree, so disappointing in the end and looked totally disinterested. I think Newcastle or similar will be his level now--no takers so far, that I am aware of.

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

All I want now, is someone who won't shit themselves when we're under a bit of pressure and want the ball in midfield. 

Just someone who can hold up play in midfield, find a villa shirt and just rotate play. 

I think we lose the ball in CM more than any other area of the pitch, and it's dangerous. Hopefully Sanson can be that classy, assured player (a bit like Barry was in his pomp).

Buendia will hopefully be this guy? Perhaps it’s why we’re also linked with Ward-Prowse?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, eholm said:

I posted before that Buendia tackles per game last season in Championship would qualify for =20th in PL 0.2 per game behind Kalvin Phillips and before anyone says otherwise... tackling does translate between the 2 divisions

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

To be fair Doug is good at that, at least when he is at his best.  Having mobile midfielders who can get into space also helps and Barkley in particular was shit at that. Jack is a big miss though. 

8 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I agree, so disappointing in the end and looked totally disinterested. I think Newcastle or similar will be his level now--no takers so far, that I am aware of.

He is on the countdown to retirement tbh. He has earnt  his millions and has played for England but could have been so much more.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Can someone post one of those shit links from Twitter please?

It's more fun than the rest of this thread now.

Messi is considering doing a uturn and joining shiteh, greedish unimpressed and wants to go home.