Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Messi is considering doing a uturn and joining shiteh, greedish unimpressed and wants to go home.

he can want what he likes...don't mean it's gonna be allowed

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Messi is considering doing a uturn and joining shiteh, greedish unimpressed and wants to go home.

I’ve heard this too. Expect I have it on good authority that the only reason Messi wants to join city is to fulfil his dream of playing alongside Grealish.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve heard this too. Expect I have it on good authority that the only reason Messi wants to join city is to fulfil his dream of playing alongside Grealish.

Messi misjudged how much garlic is used in French cuisine, he woke last crying aloud I don't want to be a vampire, I want to be peaky Blinders instead. Greedish says he doesn't like the Sterling the way keeps staring at his schlong and wants to join his boyhood club Chelsea.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I'm saying I think we still need need an attacking midfielder before the transfer window closes. A lot of people on here saying the same. I don't see the joke? 

Buendia and Ings on the pitch will be like having 4 extra players compared to the work that lazy shit Barkley did

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Genuinely forgetting that he played for us. After such an initial excitement was do disappointing for us. I presume he has had no takers for this season?

I generally forgot he was a footballer.

Lots of good points made about Buendia's defensive work rate which appears to be very effective. I guess my main concern is that he will be making those tackles/pressures higher up the pitch that may lead to some lack of cover in front of our back 4. Hence, a CDM upgrade being required......

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Lots of good points made about Buendia's defensive work rate which appears to be very effective. I guess my main concern is that he will be making those tackles/pressures higher up the pitch that may lead to some lack of cover in front of our back 4. Hence, a CDM upgrade being required......

Did you see Walsall friendly? Where he picked up ball for first assist. 

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Oh yeah, I totally agree that we really need a proper DM.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Did you see Walsall friendly? Where he picked up ball for first assist. 

I did and I see your point. However, he is not and never will be as disciplined as a genuine CM in regards to the defensive side of the role...and we don't want him to as he will be most effective in the final third. I am merely expressing concern that we could possibly get over run in that area between the 10 and our back four due to the quantity of naturally attacking platers we will have on the pitch. That CDM (upgrade/competition for Marv) will give us that insurance we need, IMO.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is on the countdown to retirement tbh. He has earnt  his millions and has played for England but could have been so much more.

if someone told you ten years ago that Ross Barkley and Jack Wilshire would be effectively retired from top level football by the age of 30 you'd have sounded quite mad .but here we are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was expecting El Ghazi to have signed a new contract by now if he was staying, so there might be something in this.  I think his ability to score goals is a bit undervalued on here though so would be happy to have him around the squad.

I can't see him going personally. It's true this summer is probably where he's at his most saleable, but considering his goal output last season and the loss of Jack I think Smith sees him as a very solid back up. Plus he's been playing all of pre season and due to the lack of time for the new signings, he's likely to start the first few games of the season as well. If Jack had stayed he'd probably be off, but due to that I think Smith will keep him around for another season.

• Like 1